“Another Texas Baja” is going to Montana!!!!!

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
bajaherbie

Re: “Another Texas Baja”

Post by bajaherbie »

i took my old beards to a local shop and he replaced the cloth with vinyl and re used the old side vinyl... i thinki paid between 100 and 150 clams for both seats to be redone. BTW, lots of sand can work thru the cloth :shock:
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
TexasBaja

Re: “Another Texas Baja”

Post by TexasBaja »

CentralWAbaja wrote:Figure out who they are a direct rip-off of (Because I am sure they are) and then order a set of covers from the real thing?

Just a thought.
They are the Race Trim Seats but from what I have been finding nobody offers just the seat covers for them. I think they are a PRP knock off. I need to place a Race Car parts order with Kartek this week. I will ask Dave Bonner if he can get them.
Devastator wrote:Is it something an upholstery shop could handle?
Thats my next choice. I can always take the passenger seat out and leave it with them.
Coming soon to a Dezert near you
TexasBaja 2.0
TexasBaja

Re: “Another Texas Baja” is going to Montana!!!!!

Post by TexasBaja »

Here are the Toon Pic's I had Chris do of our car. Kind of a last Hoo Rah for it.

David and I decided to go ahead and sell the car to focus on other things including college and racing. This was a VERY hard decision to make but it was made and the car left my driveway today headed north to Montana. David and I spent countless hours on this car building it from the ground up and spent many quality hours spending time together learning and teaching each other. We both learned how to weld on this build as well as paint and body and engine building. We have our ups and downs but mostly ups.
I am now going to focus on our 5 car and prepping others cars here in Texas for Texas Racers. We will build another and a much better car in the future with hopefully having Rick at Crumco build my next chassis. Just cant beat his chassis for the price. Kind of like if I knew then what I know now.
I will still be hanging out here with the Class 5 H2O resurrection and helping out where I can and of course waiting for Daron to finish his. Thanks to everyone for all of the help and advice throughout this build.
TexasBaja 2.0
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

:shock:

:cry:

Now maybe you'll actually update progress on the 10 cars as well as the 5UBH20 car :wink:

Or you could always buy a..........Nevermind
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

Can you tell the new owners about STF so we can have virtual conjugal visits? :cry:
Devastator's Build Thread

Sandrail

2.4 liter, supercharged Chevy Ecotec

"If everything seems under control, you're just not
going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Devastator wrote:Can you tell the new owners about STF so we can have virtual conjugal visits? :cry:
For Sure.

Well that kinda sucks but sometimes it has to be that way. Keep us up on the Water build and yes one day ,one day in the future Daron will actually finish his. I just hope I am not in a wheelchair by then.
TexasBaja

Post by TexasBaja »

Devastator wrote:Can you tell the new owners about STF so we can have virtual conjugal visits? :cry:
I am sure he will know about STF with all the steekers on the car. Right now he is on the "Other" Forum I believe.
TexasBaja 2.0
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

I'm sorry you had to part with the baja. Were you able to get anywhere near as much for it as you had into it? It sure is a nice car. Hope the new owner gets to use it.

I've spent so much on my heap I can never sell it. It just gets parked when I don't have the time or money to fool with it.
I don't always show my signature. But when I do, it's in this area.
KBWAKESK8

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

Big Dave wrote:I'm sorry you had to part with the baja. Were you able to get anywhere near as much for it as you had into it? It sure is a nice car. Hope the new owner gets to use it.

I've spent so much on my heap I can never sell it. It just gets parked when I don't have the time or money to fool with it.
you said it for me
:shock: :roll:
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

wow!
TexasBaja

Post by TexasBaja »

Big Dave wrote:I'm sorry you had to part with the baja. Were you able to get anywhere near as much for it as you had into it? It sure is a nice car. Hope the new owner gets to use it.

Lets just say I am very happy what I got for it. Buyer didn't even haggle me on the price and I hope he enjoys it.

It was very emotional selling it :cry: due to all the time and memories we had into it but I cant build another unless I sold this one. The next one will be "BBSF" Bigger Better Stronger Faster...and still Torch Red. :D Yesterday afternoon I had friends calling me from New Mexico with sittings of it from I-10 to I-25. Its a good feeling that something I have built catches everyone's eye and attention. I told one buddy that it was stolen 2 days ago and almost had him turning around and chasing the truck down. It amazes me how famous my car was. If it was stolen it would not have made it far.
TexasBaja 2.0
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

If I'd known when it was going by on I-10, I'd have stepped outside of work to see it. The only vehicle on STF that I ever see is mine.

Sandrail

going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
TexasBaja

Post by TexasBaja »

Devastator wrote:If I'd known when it was going by on I-10, I'd have stepped outside of work to see it. The only vehicle on STF that I ever see is mine.
Didn't go that far west. It made a right turn in New Mexico and headed north on I-25.
TexasBaja 2.0
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

TexasBaja wrote:Devastator wrote:
If I'd known when it was going by on I-10, I'd have stepped outside of work to see it. The only vehicle on STF that I ever see is mine.

Didn't go that far west. It made a right turn in New Mexico and headed north on I-25
Ah hell!

Sandrail

going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

where did you list it for sale, TOS :shock: