Tim's Green Bug...

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
TimS

Re: Tim's Green Bug...

Post by TimS »

Newest addition to the bug. Works awesome! Even comes with a heated backrest.
IMG_20170602_135827798_HDR-450x800.jpg
IMG_20170602_135705178_HDR-800x450.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

TimS wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 am Newest addition to the bug. Works awesome! Even comes with a heated backrest.
considering that im assuming its one of those tow hitch toilets

bumper dumper?
Travis
I spend way to much time on this site
TimS

Post by TimS »

Bingo! Adjustable width and easy to stow. Super comfy, surprisingly as long as you keep the arms out of the sun.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

What's next? A/C?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Slide outs are next. Then conversion to diesel pusher. It's a gas pusher now. A VW TDi engine would take care of that. Then Alcoa rims...

Not sure I want to ride on the trails you've been using. Beware of land mines in the road.
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

dustymojave wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:00 pm Slide outs are next. Then conversion to diesel pusher. It's a gas pusher now. A VW TDi engine would take care of that. Then Alcoa rims...

Not sure I want to ride on the trails you've been using. Beware of land mines in the road.
Elephants been there?
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Nope. Just bugs. And other critters with fewer legs. :shock:
Richard
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I meant to highlight the land mines too hence the query about Elephants.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I like the diesel pusher comparison. This is more portable, though, and a little more fuel efficient. By the way, I got 32mpg when staying at Rattlesnake's pace.

And did you really think I would drop a load in the middle of the trail? That would be poor manners. It's mostly for the females that like to come along, and noone I travel with seems to take issue with people peeing on roads, trails, tires, etc. More serious business would require finding a suitable location.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Most car enthusiasts' eventually get into point of testing themselves and their builds on a simulated road action course; usually a course where autocrosses' might be comfortable but in more rugged territory. With the exception of some people, like CWB, with really nice cars don't get into this kind of action so... sometimes (rarely if ever) the end justifies the means! :oops:

Sorry, just tired from yesterday so my mind was it the gutter. :oops:
TimS

Post by TimS »

I unloaded most of my live-in gear from the bug because I am going camping with the family. My bug is pretty peppy when it's not weighted down with 300 lbs of survival gear. It's actually quite fun this way.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Unlike Ford Excursions and F350 Super Duty trucks, Baja Bugs tend to notice 300lbs of added load. It's a substantial percentage of their curb weight.
Richard
Retired Fabricator
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Tim said c'mon out to Jackpot and help with race recovery.....but here was the Queen's only recovery of the weekend. Lol

Had a blast Tim!

Thanks, and I learned a lot. You did a great job atop that mountain with the radio relay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
TimS

Post by TimS »

It's true. I was on the strap.

Broken throttle cable, fixed in the pits after a run to Lowe's for parts.

The most annoying thing about being at a remote checkpoint is not knowing what is happening, so I tried to fill everyone in. Seems to have worked .

I recovered Ed from the track Sunday. My UTV snatch strap has just enough stretch for the bug.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

TimS wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:13 am And did you really think I would drop a load in the middle of the trail? That would be poor manners. It's mostly for the females that like to come along, and noone I travel with seems to take issue with people peeing on roads, trails, tires, etc. More serious business would require finding a suitable location.
That's a good idea Tim even offers a little privacy and you have the right vehicle for pulling off the road too.