TMM 2.1

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

TMM 2.1

Post by Turbo_Manx_Maniac »

It has begun...
body.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Turbo_Manx_Maniac on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I accidentally Googled my Twitter. (And I liked it)
winifredevw

Re: TMM 2.0

Post by winifredevw »

Whatca got in the brown bag? It resembles a trans, maybe?
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

TM (squared) what kind of body, almost looks like an EMPI Imp but the tub portion of the body is missing, do you have it? What is in the works? Are you planning on building a tube frame and lifted body by buiding or modifying the rest of the body tub to bring the fenders up enough to get to use the full travel potential of IRS suspension?

What a deal!! :lol:

Lee
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

winifredevw wrote:Whatca got in the brown bag? It resembles a trans, maybe?
EZ-Up.
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:TM (squared) what kind of body, almost looks like an EMPI Imp but the tub portion of the body is missing, do you have it? What is in the works? Are you planning on building a tube frame and lifted body by buiding or modifying the rest of the body tub to bring the fenders up enough to get to use the full travel potential of IRS suspension?

What a deal!! :lol:

Lee
It's an MGM/FRP body, it's meant to sit on a tube chassis and have aluminum panels/floor all around instead of a tub. Gives you more interior room and also let's you sit the body higher so you can get more suspension travel. I'm not building the roller I'm having it built custom for me, I want it to work so I'm staying out of it. :mrgreen:

Car will be all tube frame ~110" mixed chromolly and mild steel, in front it will have Fox coil overs in front, 4 piston brakes all around, A-arms, ~78-80" track, 2" hollow spindles, 31" KM2's, power steering, in rear it will have custom trailing arms, modified micro stubs, coil overs, 3 tube by-pass, 33" KM2's. I will re-use my 2332 Turbo FI motor and 091 for now due to funding.

I'm upgrading primarily for safety reasons, but I'm also not cool with being the slowest one in my group.
winifredevw

Post by winifredevw »

2332 Turbo FI not fast enough? Dang TMM, you hang with a FAST crowd! I gotta keep my girls away from you! :lol:
ntsqd

Post by ntsqd »

winifredevw wrote:2332 Turbo FI not fast enough? Dang TMM, you hang with a FAST crowd! I gotta keep my girls away from you! :lol:
In an 80" wheelbase an engine like that had to be a handful. ~110" should let that engine stretch it's legs a lot better.
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-tite
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

ntsqd wrote:
winifredevw wrote:2332 Turbo FI not fast enough? Dang TMM, you hang with a FAST crowd! I gotta keep my girls away from you! :lol:
In an 80" wheelbase an engine like that had to be a handful. ~110" should let that engine stretch it's legs a lot better.
I agree with that. Its going to be too squirrely with the short 80” wheel base.

Lee
welsh619

Post by welsh619 »

Ummmm is it just my iPhone or is anyone else getting a different and definetly not STf appropriate picture. I get the kist though dude way to go show Mtb how "weak" (or was it lame) buggies are ;)
rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

welsh619 wrote:Ummmm is it just my iPhone or is anyone else getting a different and definetly not STf appropriate picture. I get the kist though dude way to go show Mtb how "weak" (or was it lame) buggies are ;)
Must be your phone. It looks like a red MGM body on a trailer to me... Both on my desktop and on my iphone...

Cool deal TMM. What is your timeline for having a rolling chassis?
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

My iphone seems to see things fine.
I don't always show my signature. But when I do, it's in this area.
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

rickosuave1987 wrote:Cool deal TMM. What is your timeline for having a rolling chassis?
They have the floor and midsection done and are working on the front suspension now, they are cranking. I hope to have the roller at my house in a month or less. I have a plan to have it on the road in October so I can debug it before our first desert trip in November. I'm sure I'm slowing them down with seat color choices and BS like that.

You guys will probably kick me off the forum because I'm paying to have so much of the fab work done, but I have limited time and am trying to just do the things I enjoy. Oh yeah, then there's the skills needed to build a roller which I don't have... :oops: I am more of a engine/electrical person so I'll stick to these areas.

I'll have some pics up soon.
welsh619

Post by welsh619 »

Ok now we're good who knows...
baja5

Post by baja5 »

Just curious TMM, Who is building your chassis??
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

baja5 wrote:Just curious TMM, Who is building your chassis??

His name is Clint, he lives in Valley center. Giving me a killer deal on a second set of parts he has laying around.