Tim went racing...

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
TimS

Re: Tim went racing...

Post by TimS »

There is one located to the side of the seat behind the shifter. I would not be able to reach one on the floor in front of the seat with my belts on.

I've thought about cutting the sides down on the car for egress, but it never got farther than a thought.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I wish there were a race where I didn't have to pull the engine.

Front is done, middle is in progress, rear will be started soon. Just turned the car around today and it looks good in the sun.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I also completed my fume hood. now I can use caustic chemicals instead of trying to get by with the other stuff. this will make cleaning the cv joints much easier.
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

Your fume hood is a good idea :wink:

Ed
TimS

Post by TimS »

I love my job. Rural airport, dirt strip, just barely long enough for the plane. Jump into a rural ambulance. Female driver is drifting, literally, this ambulance through the sweeping gravel turns at 60mph. Awesome ride... She could win races!!
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

TimS wrote:I love my job. Rural airport, dirt strip, just barely long enough for the plane. Jump into a rural ambulance. Female driver is drifting, literally, this ambulance through the sweeping gravel turns at 60mph. Awesome ride... She could win races!!
Awesome post right there Tim!
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Qurtys Lyn

Post by Qurtys Lyn »

I think you need to find her a race car Tim.
Fusername's evil twin

'72 Std Beetle - 1641 CC
BRAT Motorsports #936
TimS

Post by TimS »

I should have gave her my card. "I like the way you drive... Call me.".
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

TimS wrote:I should have gave her my card. "I like the way you drive... Call me.".
Sounds like trouble :mrgreen:

Ed
TimS

Post by TimS »

I've been referring all the single female race fans to Curtis...
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

TimS wrote:I've been referring all the single female race fans to Curtis...
That's a true friend right there! :lol:
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

TimS wrote:I wish there were a race where I didn't have to pull the engine. .
I feel your pain Tim. I have taken the yellow car out 4 times and have pulled the engine twice now. I hope all your hard work pays off in Vernal.
TimS

Post by TimS »

If I can work on the car for two hours in the same clothes that I attended a wedding and not get dirty, I'm either a redneck, or my prep is almost done.
Qurtys Lyn

Post by Qurtys Lyn »

That explains why none have shown up, I knew they didn't exist.
Fusername's evil twin

'72 Std Beetle - 1641 CC
BRAT Motorsports #936
TimS

Post by TimS »

Oye. 8 straight hours in the garage today, didn't even get a chance to crack a beer. Seems like I should have got more done.