Topic of the Day...

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
CentralWAbaja

Re: Topic of the Day...

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Well that was the first attempt t o post direct from phone with a resizer....that sucked. Back to the drawing board. I will try a different app.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

old school way of posting says file size undetermined....already reduced to 450x600. Same method that I have used to post over 2000 pics here at 600x800 not sure what the answer is.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I'm having the same issue with posting on here.......frustrating.

What is annoying is that PhotoBucket won't let me copy "IMG" links on my photo pages......grrrrrr.......
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

I am trying real hard not to be the complain guy. I am not sure what changed as the tech is all way over my head. All I know is what has worked for years is not any more and what has worked for years takes a ton of time on my end compared to posting to the dreaded Facebook. I know the powers at be are working on it all.
cbeck

Post by cbeck »

Easy peazy, I have been resizing to 600x400 on my desktop. Won't do Facebook.

At what point in time will the geniuses at the corp of engineers determine if a flood surpasses a certain level 4+ times in 30 years, it should not be called a 500 year flood? I am sure the new levy they allowed has nothing to do with it. My oldest and I will miss several days this week due to the interstate being under water again. Should give me some time to knock a hole in the basement floor and install a sump pump this week. Plugged the floor drain but some thing happened and got 8+ inches in the finished walk out basement. 15 years no drain plugging or water in the basement until the record setting flood in 12/15. Hoping the pump will stop it once and for all.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 am Well the weather held out for the Luke and his girl

Put a pretty big smile on my pops face to let them have this memory
We'll try this app and see how it looks.
330201718335.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Pic came out good, very nice looking couple. The whole world is before them.
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

so the leg is feeling great im totally off pain pills and even Tylenol and alieve. been working the muscle a little got it bending to 105 degrees. still waiting on the physical therapy place to call to set up an appointment. Then i think friday my shoulder starts to hurt like really bad. gets worse Saturday to where i can barely lift my arm. then today i try to rest it and it helps a bit. Yesterday i was in excruciating pain all day long almost took one of the painkillers they gave me for the leg. the pain is like inner joint icing helps a bit but not much at all. cant massage the muscle at all to help or anything. not visually swollen. This has been a somewhat reoccurring issue. not sure when it started but it got really bad when i played volleyball as i was doing alot of overhead swinging. that shoulder has always hurt when jogging due to the impact. I think the crutches have re stressed it and brought it back. SO this sucks I have to use the crutches because i cant walk but i cant do that because its destroying my shoulder. IM 18 and my body is already halfway falling apart im scared of the future problems ill have.
Travis
I spend way to much time on this site
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

On the crutches, are the pads for the shoulder set about 2" below your arm pit. If not you could be putting loads on the underside of the shoulder not using your arms and shoulders to do the work. I broke my leg a bit younger than you and I was on crutches for 10 to 12 weeks. Not the same type, not as bad as your but spiral compression break (1 1/2 wraps around the femer. I heard it but was so noisy that none else did. My father thought Incas being a baby until I went into shock and went pale) a guy fell on my knee when we were goofing around. It was the type of break that was thought I would have problems with it in my older age but so far... no.

I did do the splits with my cast on; the school floor had just been waxed and I took the whoops. I also had the top couple inches of my full leg cast broken off when the whole PE class had "hacks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddle_(spanking)) when we wouldn't settle down - giggling about something. The teacher's assistant was supposed to hit in the butt with the "hack paddle" not the legs but for me he went for the top of the legs (I was on crutches with a brand new cast). That was the end of anyone but a teacher giving hacks. :roll:
Last edited by Ol'fogasaurus on Mon May 01, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 pm On the crutches, are the pads for the shoulder set about 2" below your arm pit. If not you could be putting loads on the underside of the shoulder not using your arms and shoulders to do the work.
I am a brought it to about 1 inch below for a bit for more stability and less chafing but set it back down to 2 now
Travis
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I hope it is something as simple as lowering the shoulder setting. No fun being in pain.

Lee
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 pm I hope it is something as simple as lowering the shoulder setting. No fun being in pain.

Lee
Im going a bit better but still not great im hoping it clears up soon
Travis
kyle_pc_75

Post by kyle_pc_75 »

Photobucket seems to be working again for me.
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

Thanks Kyle, me too.

Ed
TimS

Post by TimS »

What sucks about being good at what you do?

They want you to do it... A lot.

And you say it's not worth it, so they throw money at you and say please.

And when you say you don't have time they throw more money at you and create a position just so you can do what it is you do then create positions so other people can do what it is you don't want to do but needs done.

I almost had a chance to go dirt bike riding. I even had it loaded up in the truck for five days. Waiting for the two hour window to go.

Long term plan is looking very favorable though. :)
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.