Ed's Baja Bug build.

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
n8ball

Re: Ed's Baja Bug build.

Post by n8ball »

Thanks for the hospitality Ed. I am glad we could help out. I'll be getting that dual port on the engine stand soon. But First I have to finish my engine stand adaptor and paint my ecotec block.
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

You are very welcome Nate, I hope you can get some use out of the things you took off my hands. I was able to send Nate and Tim home with some things I will never use but Richard was a harder sale LOL but he did take a few small things though. They also got me to throw some things away :D and I also think they may have helped in that some too :shock: . I DO have way to much stuff.

Saturday night we had a good time in the shop with a fire going in the wood stove and drinks and the shop TV on the supercross race, rounded out a very good day.

Thank you guys again for the help but also the good time and a break from my flood mind set :D

Ed
JUSSUMGUY

Post by JUSSUMGUY »

You never really know someone until you help clean their garage.:) Ed is a tinker and master mechanic for sure. Special homemade tools abounded in the tool boxes Nate cleaned. Was a fun time. Thanks for the hospitality Ed.
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

Thank you Richard for the help and the kind words. Another thing about me this showed is I AM A HOARDER :mrgreen:

I can't thank you guys enough for brightening my out look on this mess and for making the shop usable again.

Ed
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Those who accuse us of being "hoarders" are just jealous of all the things we have that they don't.
:roll: I think they're all just people who can't hold on to anything.

He who dies with the most poop wins!!!!!

And I'm going for the win! 8)
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

LOL Well Dusty I am sure I could send you home with some interesting stuff for your hoard too, I don't mind you having more poop :twisted:

Ed
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I don't either... but my wife does! :roll:
TimS

Post by TimS »

no1clyde wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 am I can't thank you guys enough for brightening my out look on this mess and for making the shop usable again.

Ed
This! This is what it was all about. Renew and refresh. Start anew. Happy Easter!

When you work at a government funded heavy equipment shop for 39 years, you are bound to collect some cool things. I still cringe when I recall tearing out your vintage 1970 carpet/tool box liner and disturbing the resting place of all those professional grade tools.

I gained some valuable perspective on shop necessities. A wood stove and tv for sure.

I figure it's all about maximizing the probability for art to happen by creating a nice place to think/work. Then when the stars align, tools start flying, and before you know it, it is Tuesday and a masterpiece of undescribable perportion stands before you.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

Well thank you Tim, I know you were a driving force to make this happen. I am glad we all had a good time and you guys got to see how I roll in the shop :shock: It was fun sitting around the wood stove watching the supercross race for sure and where we live the wood stove is needed :D

Today I cleaned dirt bike with my pressure washer.

5 of the 9 there are running again and the other 4 will when I get to them. I also have my street bike running and am getting it cleaned up and will have it out of the shop soon.

Ed
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

nice Trail 70!
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Makes me feel good to see you getting things sorted out Ed.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:53 am Makes me feel good to see you getting things sorted out Ed.
Thanks CWB, I have a lot of things still to do but I am gaining. It will be awhile before I get back to my Baja but I did get a reversed Subaru transmission for it today :D

Ed
TimS

Post by TimS »

no1clyde wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:44 pm but I did get a reversed Subaru transmission for it today :D

Ed
Baja upgrade in progress. Your car deserves the Subaru transmission. Congrats!
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

no1clyde wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:44 pm
CentralWAbaja wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:53 am Makes me feel good to see you getting things sorted out Ed.
Thanks CWB, I have a lot of things still to do but I am gaining. It will be awhile before I get back to my Baja but I did get a reversed Subaru transmission for it today :D

Ed
Tell us more about this transmission deal
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

Thanks Tim, I am looking forward to having the Baja back running.

Not a lot to tell Leather, when I sold my yellow buggy I set the money aside for a Subaru transmission but was not ready to tear the car apart but now this flood has made me tear the car apart so it is time. I was going to reverse one I have but it had a few issues so I just ordered one ready to go and it is a much newer transmission than the one I had so that was another gain by getting it prebuilt. There are many small differences between the 091 and this transmission that will add up to me moving the motor and trans some and new mounts so I am not sure yet what all will have to be done and I need to take my parts car apart for its motor and wiring harness so I have a lot of work ahead :x :D

Ed