Wrisley's Buggy

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Leatherneck

Re: Wrisley's Buggy

Post by Leatherneck »

Can't wait to see it in person and better then that see it running.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

nice work man!
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

A hat catcher!!!
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
motorbreath53

Post by motorbreath53 »

All grown up n' welding on his own turbo'd buggy... Proud for you brother. Too bitchin.
Baja5 was right...
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

motorbreath53 wrote:All grown up n' welding on his own turbo'd buggy... Proud for you brother. Too bitchin.
Wrisley keep welding, upgrading tearing it up or tearing it down, whatever you have to do. See we don't get much of Motormouth in here anymore so any help along those lines is appreciated. And yes it is Bitchin.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Thanks fellas. I got all the fittings and hoses done. Took some ingenuity and fabbin'. She lit right off and runs great. Tonight I'm burping the cooling system (my neighbors must love me) and watching every fitting for leaks. So far so good. Tomorrow morning we load up and set out for Glamis.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Glamis update:

The hat catcher is a success. She ran 180 all weekend long. When I was really pushing it hard, the temp would creep up to 200, but then instantly come back down once I took my foot out of it. The car ran really smooth. I ran 50/50 race with 91. I could feel a lil more pep. The new cell seemed to hold up and worked as expected. All my new fitting and braided line were leak free and held up as well.

Overall, we had a great weekend. I blew the top end on my '86 TRX250R, but it's probably the first top end rebuild it's ever needed. Best bike I've ever owned. It took the hole shot at the drags every time against the big thumpers. They'd get me in the overall, but I'd smoke them out of the hole!!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

It's comin' on Glamis season! I don't know about the rest of you but I'm excited. Can't wait to get my car dirty again.

No updates over the off season. Been busy with work, kids, and life in general. Still need to pull my recent work apart for powdercoat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

Are you only planning on going to glamis? I think an Ocotillo Wells trip would be more fun :wink: (read: I don't do sand...)
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Our first scheduled trip is Nov 20-24 at Glamis. I could use a pretrip shakedown run, and OW would be a good spot to do it!

jt1967

Post by jt1967 »

cwrisley wrote:Our first scheduled trip is Nov 20-24 at Glamis. I could use a pretrip shakedown run, and OW would be a good spot to do it!

Ocotillo means you would have to take off those sissy sand tires and put some meat on that car :shock:
jt1967

Post by jt1967 »

Talk to Motrbreath maybe we can all 3 run to OW or Plaster city for a shake down run the beginning of Nov
jt1967

Post by jt1967 »

i'm in Borrego the 20th thru the 22nd then im headed out to glamis to chase you and Motorbreath around the dunes :shock:
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Hell yeah. I can't wait!

Spheromike

Post by Spheromike »

Thing will be a rocket ship.