4 Seat Chenowth Repair

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
CentralWAbaja

Re: 4 Seat Chenowth Repair

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Is that a set of gauges or is that casting to a phone? tell me more that is cool as heck.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
TimS

Post by TimS »

Sure would be cool if it would automatically mute your music and give you customizable alarms through the intercom... Oh wait, it should do that now! It is definitely badass.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

That is pretty cool with the gauge app.
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

I am using a Foseal Wifi OBD 2 adaptor that plugs into the standard OBD 2 port. It was about $20 on amazon. That is coupled to a compatible ODB 2 app on my phone, or a tablet. I bought Dash Command for for my iphone at about $10. It monitors anything the original vehicle had sensors for. If i add a tone ring to the transaxle, i could get all kinds of gas mileage statistics too. The network delay is not noticeable at all, as it is 30-40 milliseconds max. It can read and clear codes. It is the best way i could figure out to manage the data coming out of the computer.

I took the car out last night for a couple hours and put about 50 miles on her out at Delle. As far as shake downs go it was pretty good. It did get a little hot at one point, but i realized the fan was unplugged.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I'm glad your car escaped the concrete jungle for a day!

Congrats on the shake down.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Outstanding! Congrats on the run and thanks for the info.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Super cool man!
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 7:38 pm Super cool man!
Man that is, see if I keep on procrastinating on my project they will have new stuff every couple weeks.
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

After the shakedown I have a couple things I want to fiddle with, but my priorities are somewhere else. Here are the parts of the trophies I have to get built for the Vernal race. These are all laser cut 1/8" steel. They stand up on their own without welding, but for a trophy I had to make them solid. Tonight I TIG welded them together.

The big T. rex is about 24" long. I doubt he will be a trophy, but I figured I'd assemble it too while I was welding.

I still have wood blanks to glue up and cut on the lathe, and plaques to make.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

I guess I haven't posted up lately because I haven't done too much to the car. I have taken it out to Vernal and the Jackpot Races, just to run around in. It has driven onto the trailer after both outings, so that is nice. I hope to attend the EUA and keep it together for the whole ride this time. I'll have to get a radio setup for sure if I go.

I am playing in my shop today, but I am moving a kiln and electrical outlets.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I must say that while riding around with you last weekend, i noticed that you have found a nice balance between a cruising and a fun pace.

And your dogs looked like they were having fun riding in the back.
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

I double booked myself this weekend. Between planning a race course recon mission more than a month in advance, and a very vocal fishing buddy, I had too much on my plate. Luckily Kyle had plenty of help on the BOR Knolls mission, and I took the buggy up to Skyline drive in Sanpete County. We parked the trucks in Mt. Pleasant. Then drove Up and over the mountain. About 50 miles total.
IMG_6310.JPG
Here you can see the dust of my buddy's rzr and the sparkle of our first fishing spot
IMG_6311.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I just had a Google Earth tour and that looks like a cool area. It's good to see you out enjoying the fruits of your labor.