Honda V6 with Subaru transmission

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Iguana

Re: Honda V6 with Subaru transmission

Post by Iguana »

Todd is still working on it. On another note we just ran two SubaruGears Transmissions built by Chris at SubieWorks in the Mexican NORRA 1000. Both performed very well coupled to EJ25 engines and we are currently driving them back from Cabo to San Diego.

Not sure if anyone else is driving back after the race without being on a trailer but with 70mph being around 2500 RPM the engines and cars are eating it up. Just did the 1st 800 odd miles so around 400 to go and then back to work.

Anyway, both are running the 4.86 R&P in one of the SubieWorks Offroad Spec Transmissions. After beating on them for over 1000 miles with 33" rear tires we gave them an oil change in Cabo and no issues found. I would estimate the engines Chris built for us are around 140 at the wheels so nothing hugs but plenty of grunt and the boys loved driving every minute of the race. I think most are planning Subaru Upgrades as a result :)
Buy a Kit, Build a Dream
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I'm curious:

How much would an adapter plate cost?
Likely need a custom flywheel too.

I'm looking for stronger transmission for my app, but I want to mate a VW engine to it
A.suby to VW setup costs $560, but the subarugears adapter costs $1K, US, which i think i about twice the logical going rate. looking for alternatives to spending thousands on a vw transmission that still wont be as sturdy.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Reestafarian

Post by Reestafarian »

BUMP...any news on this adapter? I've been lurking for a while and haven't seen it on your web site yet.
CrustyNuts

Post by CrustyNuts »

Any developments?