64 Baja Bug BUG JUNK upgrade thread

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
5.0 Chero

Re: new to site with 64 baja bug

Post by 5.0 Chero »

working on gauges

back side

Image]
I know they are Stewart Warner not VDO but I scored a Box of Gauges and senders at the last Turlock swap meet for $70 and these were in there plus some vacuum, amp, another oil temp gauge with sending unit and some mounting plates that I sell can on Ebay

should I paint the glove box door silver too or leave it black I am boing to be runing a silver and black MOMO wheel

Also working on changing out fuse box to ATO style fuses I modified the fuse box to accept circuit breakers for the headlamps will be adding a second box for lighting

and I found a prop rod to hold the one piece front end up

and yes I an going to do away with crap headlamp mounting bar and make some adjustable mounts so I can center the headlamp in the holes
5.0 Chero

Re: 64 Baja Bug BUG JUNK upgrade thread

Post by 5.0 Chero »

still working on wiring mostly added a ford wiper delay unit as we get a lot of fog and misty mornings around here,
you set the delay by rotating the switch to the left the more you rotate the longer it delays the time in between wipes

ford unit

unmodified switch
5.0 Chero

Post by 5.0 Chero »

Added a newer style interior lamp

5.0 Chero

Post by 5.0 Chero »

also going to up grade the steering wheel
OLD
NEW
5.0 Chero

Post by 5.0 Chero »

Off road mirrors I have been working on

Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

You need more protection for those mirrors, one mesquite bush or some arrow weed will have you constantly adjusting your mirror. How did you hinge your front end? Gauges are looking good. Nice progress.