Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2016..August 20th

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
zancat

Re: Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2016..August 20th

Post by zancat »

Thanks Denny and team,it was a blast again! Doesn't get any better than blasting around the desert all night. :-)

We started out with some bad course choices and got real fuddled up getting #4, after that it was clean until I mistakenly thought the first of out last two was at the end of Thule instead of East Bank. That mistake cost us the last two tokens. Sorry guys.

Allen lost the brakes about 1/2 way through and kept at it like the true racer he is and finished anyway.

We had a new guy on our team and Brian was great. All our cars were well matched so easy to keep pace with each other.

The sand was amazing. It had blown so much over the summer and really changed familiar places. At one point Thule was almost closed off.

Here's the view:

Thanks again Denny, Sara and all!

Zancat
Zancat
Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

It was definitely a bit of a challenge running the washes that were virgin sand with no tracks. At some points I would lose track of the trail and need to back track a bit. The boy running shotgun was key to calling out the turns as it took a lot of concentration. Thanks Rock for running nav. This was the first time I ran with a full car and was surprised at how well it handled. Not like the blue bug at all Rick ;)
Sorry Rick for the wet seat, I'll get a cooler that seals next time.
rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

Getrdone wrote:Sorry Rick for the wet seat, I'll get a cooler that seals next time.
Hopefully I will be driving myself next time :wink:

As usual, we had a good time! Really bummed we lost the fuel pump. Thank to Iguana for helping out & supplying some tools as I didn't pack any. :oops:

Getrdone, Iguana & Nate all did a great job driving, and despite losing at least an hour because of my car, we still were only behind by 10 minutes. Hopefully next year we won't have any problems.
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Is it too early to be talking about 2017 Night Run? Is there Date set? we checking out the Eclipse in the day and cruising at night? I mean that moon blocking the sun will help with the heat of the day for a little bit? Oh wait that's on a Monday.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!