N8's single seat racer

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Piledriver

Re: N8's single seat racer

Post by Piledriver »

Are you sure the distributor wasn't loose and lifted?
The motor usually survives, and its just a matter of reindexing the drive gear and resetting the timing.
(and making sure the little spring is in there)

My son had a very loose nut on the clamp once, the van would drive fine, then cut out randomly, then cut back in and run fine again for awhile (over and over) as the tangs came out/into engagement.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

The old distributor was totally seized up. I have a new one so it should be easy to get it back together. I am working on the big yellow buggy for now, so that is how my priority.
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

Thanks for all the feed back too. You guys are super helpful. It's weird that I am totally comfortable tearing into the ecotec, but the ACVW stuff is intimidating. I need to get that red book Tim was telling me about. Then I'll feel a lot better about it.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

This one on the back burner while the eco buggy goes back together? I want to see this one go. Such a cool looking stance on this car
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
n8ball

Post by n8ball »

That is exactly what is going on. I even took this one to my house, so I can't get distracted from the goal-running toy before may 20th race in Vernal.