Cleaning the Garage

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
dustymojave

Re: Cleaning the Garage

Post by dustymojave »

The best way to make sure you need something is to get rid of it. Then you will automatically need it right after it's gone. It's no fun buying new what you just got rid of.
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

You done cleaning yet?
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Nope, back to making a mess, never be done cleaning. Have made some room, have trashed and given away some items but I've not gone in balls deep to really atttack it yet.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

You can ride collecting a lot of stuff by boxing/packing it away neatly (mark what is in the box) a lot longer before "she who must be obeyed" gets her "clean your mess up mister" look and vocabulary going. Remember: unlike "close only counts in horse shoes" a neat area doesn't draws attention as fast as a mess would.

Disclaimer: remember;
Lee

My opinion is worth slightly less than what you paid for it.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I bought a new tool set to replace all my lost tools, then got inspired to clean and organize. After finding all my tools, I now have enough tools for three tool boxes, my home toolbox, my race toolbox, and my daughter's toolbox. No more sharing tools. Each tool has a home.

Then I realized that the only thing slowing me down is me organizing and not working, so I made a mess.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Tim I like your method, I might need to lose some tools so that I can quit the checklist dealio when I load the car for a ride.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Cleaned mine up enough to get this in my own garage for the first time ever
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
petew

Post by petew »

Show off! :P
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Not really just trying a new app for posting pics right from my phone. You should see the before pics lol.

Technical troubles keeping me from posting the before pics. Lol
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Hahaha, should of seen the before pic, Tasmanian Devil was turned loose in there.

Btw CEB, congrats on posting pictures,
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Haha CEB hahaha ducking autocorrect
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:21 pm Haha CEB hahaha ducking autocorrect

Dammit, didn't gen catch it either, that's funny, autocorrect my butt
redneckgearhead

Post by redneckgearhead »

Move, that's what I did. I realized I had stuff that I hadn't used in 20 years. I realized I had stuff that I had forgot I had and bought new anyways. Moving 900 miles will make you really prioritize what you think you need to keep. My wife's jaw hit the floor when she realized that the two sheds in the back yard were FULL at my old house. Thankfully Tulsa has bulk trash haul off for 5$, plus I called my dad and had him bring his trailer. He looked like the Beverly hillbillys pulling that load home lol. I haven't missed anything but the scrap metal pile.