ve buggy and polaris rzr

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
seabeebuggy

Re: ve buggy and polaris rzr

Post by seabeebuggy »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 am Cool buggy man. I just wasn't sure what you meant about the rock dealio. I get it now. Is that an A-arm.com kit on the front?
Yes it is. It was the first one made for the linkpin pan. They are not made by the same shop any more and i can get any support from the new owners so I'm more careful about how i abuse it. I may have to have replacement parts custom made.
JUSSUMGUY

Post by JUSSUMGUY »

Personally i'd take the buggy. Long trip and a Robby Gordon Rzr and i dont mix. First, not fast enough. Im sure the rzr 1000 turbo solved that problem. Second, nearly impossible to work on in the field without dismantling the entire car. Third, not totally street legal. Fourth, way too expensive. I could go on. I hope your experience is better than my limited experience.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

We have one but I have only sat it in at the dealer and never driven it. Fairly short wheel base; very good for some things and not as good for other things.

It seems that most people have problems before they get the hang of what it can/can't or should not do; they go out and tear up the place having fun and quite often someone gets hurt. Pretty much the same things happened when quad came in and before that three-wheelers and before that what ever they were called when you took the body off a VW or a V-8 in a bare car frame or an old tired/worn or rusted out WWII jeep. :roll:
seabeebuggy

Post by seabeebuggy »

I have the 4 seater. 30" tires as.long as my buggy. About the same travel better shocks. Easy to work on if needed. EFI. The seats are not as nice as the buggy. Eiter way it has a great use and so does the buggy. No we can take both and have twice the fun.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Lets find more buggy to talk about and less UTV. Trade that Tranny out Seabee, it will make a world of difference and open up the areas you can have fun riding in.