Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2017... August 19th

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
CentralWAbaja

Re: Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2017... August 19th

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Car is loaded...one more day of work and then I hit the road.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:24 am Car is loaded...one more day of work and then I hit the road.
Safe travels! We will see you out there!
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

I can't wait to meet everybody. See you Saturday!
motorbreath53

Post by motorbreath53 »

I'm in! RV space booked, buggy was given a quickie prep, beer is in the cooler, and I've even put on clean underwear. I'm ready. I'll be out sometime late afternoon/evening I think.
Baja5 was right...
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

I am hoping our current weather pattern will continue through the weekend. Yes, daytime temps are hitting the 100s, but there is not the southern monsoonal flow that pumps in the humidity that we usually have this time of year. The mornings and evenings have been very, very comfortable.
baja5

Post by baja5 »

Well, the shirts are here, prizes labeled, GPS coordinated printed and sealed and we are ready. Other than I have to work tomorrow. This Night Run stuff is a lot of work. Ready for it though. See you cats tomorrow night.
mikeadams

Post by mikeadams »

You guys have fun.. My car is way closer than last year but definitely not a runner... tomorrow is it's 2 year anniversary of being wrecked!

Have fun, be safe, and take lots of pics
Class 11 streeter

Post by Class 11 streeter »

^Agree take pics for those of us getting back into the dirtpile too!
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Having a great time considering, good talking to the crew here, some has been onlong since I saw them last, got to ride in CWB's Baja, WOW! Thanks for the ride Daron, the guy built the complete package, it has it all. Was out with Denny and Joe, those guys like to fly except in the whoops, Denny.
baja5

Post by baja5 »

We just rolled in. Spent the morning on the recover run to pick up all the token boxes and reflector. Thank you to everyone that came out this year. We had a great turn out. its always fun when us south guys get to hang out with the Dove Springs crowd. Special thank you to my wife Sara for putting up with this run year after year and doing the work this year so I could make the run. Also thanks to the Taylor's, Joe and Tracie. Tracie running her jeep with Sara to round up the coordinates. And Joe rounding up the sponsor and making many Ocotillo Wells trips to make this run happen. Big thank you to Ricko for getting the dash plaques made and to Chuck P for the stickers. Desert season is right around the corner and we hope to be making as many runs with you guys as possible. One more thank you, Dani Busk, you are a heck of a navigator. We would have been lost without your GPS skills. See you all soon.
Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

I owe leather 5 gallons of fuel. So eager to get started I flaked on coming back to give you some coin. Sorry.
Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

I'd post pics, but don't really have anything good, nor do I know how now.
zancat

Post by zancat »

Thanks Denny, Sara and the crew! What a great course. We were bummed Chuck couldn't go though.

This is the most fun we have in the desert all year! Took a new guy this year, we thinks we are all crazy. Organized chaos. LOL

We had a fun run, was with "the pack" until we took off for no. 6. We had a couple navigation errors but then got back on track. Allen lost his lights again this year, (LOL) but he ended up with one set, so was able to keep going. Then a few miles from home his car died completely. Mike towed him a mile or so and then Allen's dead car gets a rear flat! So we change that and keep towing and get back with 12 tokens. I forget what time, 12:39 I think.

We took almost no pics except the lineup.

Thanks for all the fun for Sat night and all the years prior. Such a freakin' blast. You guys rock.

Zancat
Zancat
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

zancat wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am
We had a fun run, was with "the pack" until we took off for no. 6. We had a couple navigation errors but then got back on track. Allen lost his lights again this year, (LOL) but he ended up with one set, so was able to keep going. Then a few miles from home his car died completely. Mike towed him a mile or so and then Allen's dead car gets a rear flat! So we change that and keep towing and get back with 12 tokens. I forget what time, 12:39 I think.
Does this mean that team Air Cooled didn't finish last??????
zancat

Post by zancat »

chuckput wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:53 pm
zancat wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am
Does this mean that team Air Cooled didn't finish last??????
LOL, I mean 11:39. We were 1st back with all 12.....
Zancat