Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2017... August 19th

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
baja5

Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2017... August 19th

Post by baja5 »

It's that time of year again. The date for the Night Run have been set. August 19th. Once again we are staying at Desert Ironwoods Hoted and Campground. Rooms are filling up quickly but there should be plenty of camp spaces available for those with RVs. This is the 10th anniversary of the Night Run and is sure to be a good one. A few of the wives have taken the reigns and have big things planned. I would love to tell you all about it but I am in the dark. I do know that the run will once again use a GPS to track down checkpoints in the desert.And that teams of 3 will be running. Other that that it is a mystery. We are heading out on Friday the 18th and will stay the whole weekend. Shirts are once again in the works but I do not have the design just yet. Once I do I will post it along with the prices. I'm hoping to be in the same $20.00 range. Stay tuned. And for those that wish to book their room or camp spot the # to Desert Ironwoods is 760-767-5670. Tell them that you are with the Sara Allen bunch. Hope to see you there.
CentralWAbaja

Re: Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2017... August 19th

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Finally! I have been asking about this for weeks LOL

I am in! Just talked to my wife and she is in. However, we are a couple/car without a team.....Just saying.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
baja5

Post by baja5 »

Glad to hear it Daron, I have no doubt we can find a team for you. gunna be fun
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Reservations made. I need a beer!
jt1967

Post by jt1967 »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 6:58 am Finally! I have been asking about this for weeks LOL

I am in! Just talked to my wife and she is in. However, we are a couple/car without a team.....Just saying.

Your going to love this Daron its a blast!!!
rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

My room is booked... Just hope I have a car to take :shock:
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

RV Slot Booked!
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

Count me in. I made my room reservation today. I have to work on Friday, so I won't be arriving until Saturday. I'll have my son riding with me, just need additional team members. Looking forward to this!!!
jg210302

Post by jg210302 »

What is the story with this run, do we need a buggy like CWB or is it just a fun run? Is it open to anyone?
baja5

Post by baja5 »

jg210302 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 pm What is the story with this run, do we need a buggy like CWB or is it just a fun run? Is it open to anyone?
This is a fun run. The way its works is that you can run whatever type of bug or buggy you would like to bring out. There may even be a Side by Side or 2 this year. ( can't help it, Family). Teams of 3 cars will be given a set of GPS coordinates that have been previously chosen but kept in the Vault by the girls. Your team will have to find all of the GPS spots around the desert. At each spot there will be a red reflector that is over a small box. Each box will contain numbered tokens, your team will grab 1 token from each box, (should be 12 or so) in the given time limit, usually 4 hours and then head back to camp for scoring. We will be leaving and returning from Desert Ironwoods hotel in Ocotillo Wells. You are welcome to book a room, camp spot of just come out for the night if you like. Entry fee will most likely be in the $20.00 per car and this will include 1 T-shirt. The design is currently in the works and should be ready in a couple of weeks. If you do not have a team, please try to form one, and if you have trouble you can PM me, We usually have some last minute folks that need teams as well. It's all for fun and a really good time.
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

I am in search of additional team members.
jg210302

Post by jg210302 »

I would love to try and make this, but I have a lot of work to do! Maybe this is the motivation I need! Thanks for the info Baja5!
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

Id love to go doubt my car will be working though

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Travis
I spend way to much time on this site
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Black Widow (Shayne) and I are in... already booked a room. Looking for better results than last year! Hahaha! Hopefully we won't get stuck as much. Damn wrong turns! Looks like it may be the Widow's maiden run after a front cage rebuild.
"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...
baja5

Post by baja5 »

Glad you and Shayne are going to give it another go Skid. This year looks to be a good turn out. Once I have the shirt design I will post it up and start taking orders.