Small parts for Weber carb

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
mlrailguy

Small parts for Weber carb

Post by mlrailguy »

While rebuilding my 48's I seem to have misplaced the little retainer for the cold start valve spring. does any body know of a good source to get misc. small parts? Here is a pic of what I'm needing. Thanks
spring retainer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CentralWAbaja

Re: Small parts for Weber carb

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Check Seattle Craigslist. There's a guy that sells a ton of VW parts by the name of Keith. That is where I bought all of my motor internals for the old school car. He sells a ton of carb stuff and from what I remember had a pretty significant parts bin. If you don't have any luck finding him PM me. I'll look through my old emails
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

I hate that little lock washer looking thing that is on top of that, I have one that self ejects when I take the top off, so I routinely am searching the floor for that part also.

Maybe the better approach is to disable that enrichment circuit at the carb body?
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

is it really needed? The choke is blocked off anyway
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

Its not the choke but rather fuel enrichment (end result the same). I would think that blocking the manifold side passage would be sufficient. The cover plate does nothing and is just for show.

But I have never heard of a small round bar of aluminum and a dab of JB weld being jammed up that passage from the bottom (buttery fly area side pocket) doing the trick.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.