Sandrail Body’s

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Booky1

Sandrail Body’s

Post by Booky1 »

Are all the single seat rails one off bodies or is there someone who makes them? Tried the net my not be asking the right question.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Sandrail Body’s

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Some manufactures do make bodies for their tube bodied cars but most of the frames sizes and shapes are unique to the builder so I doubt that there are too many generic bodies.

Do you already have a frame or are you thinking about buying a frame w/body combination?

Lee
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

Have the frame do not know builder no markings on frame have built metal panels but like the looks of the fiberglass bodies.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Can you post a picture of what you have? There are so many styles of two sweaters out there. Wheel base lengths, seats forward, seats towards the rear, short backs , long backs, evestyles.looking more like a sedan with a trunk just to name a few different styles.

Lee
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I did some looking around on sand buggy bodies and found this: http://www.vw-store.com/Sandrail%20Bodies.htm This is from ACME/Barrien http://acmecarco.com/berrien-buggy/sand-rails Notice that on the bottom of the chart there is a glass body availability. Barrien has been around for a long time but a few years ago they were bought by the ACME car company.

I played with several different ways of asking the question including rail buggies, tube buggies, dune buggies (that name also goes with the glass buggies/Manx style of buggy) and a couple of other variations but it seems to be pretty much the same that the bodies: when the arey available they are usually tied to the rail's manufacture. Like with Manx style bodies, it often depends on where in the states you are as well as where in the world you are: e.g., the same thing, different names.

Lee
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

you can do quite alot in terms of body with sheet metal over the openings my bosses son has an almost completely enclosed buggy that is just all aluminum pannels
Travis
I spend way to much time on this site
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

That’s what I have done I will try and post some pics tomorrow.
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

Photos are to large not that savvy to figure out how to make smaller its on my iPhone.
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

I use irfanview for resizing. It's a free download on computers. I know nothing about smartphones use :(
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

Trying to load pictures.
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

It will not let me add files.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

What kind of file are they stored in? JPG seems to work OK but some other types don't.

Lee
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

It’s stored in jpg but it seems the add files will not open so I can add files.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Did you hit the "attachments" box then pick "add files". It will then allow you to pick a picture the hit "save" you want to post then the computer attaches it in the box. This is one picture at a time, not a group.

Then you get "add file" and when you choose "place in line" it will post the picture where your curser currently is (be careful that the curser isn't in mid sentence :roll: :lol: and that is where it will post. I think I have it correctly stated but if not it is relatively easy to figure out.
medium_craigpic[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

Yes that’s what I did but it still will not let me open add files under attachments.