pictures / photo bucket

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.

Moderators: Leatherneck, rickosuave1987

hotair

pictures / photo bucket

Post by hotair » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Can someone give me a heads up please? What’s with not being able to see photo bucket pics? If you try to sign up it’s stupid money! Am I missing something? And what’s up with the build threads? All locked up? Are there no new buggy builds?
Thanks Hotair

chuckput

Re: pictures / photo bucket

Post by chuckput » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 am

Yes, all posted pictures using Photobucket are lost unless you pay their ransom.

Here is a work around for posting future pictures: First, resize the photos you want to use to 800 x 600 (there are various photo resizing apps, or I believe you can use Microsoft Paint). It might be a good idea to save these resized images to a separate folder. Next, open the "Full Editor & Preview." Below the box where you place your text there are two tabs - "Options and Attachments." Select the "Attachment"s tab and select "Add Files." From there find your resized photos and attach. Once you have added your pictures to the post simply submit.

bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Tapatalk makes it easy to post pics but I don't think everyone can see them unless they are also viewing STF from a hand held wireless social networking device (cell phone) with the Tapatalk app.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 pm

I can see them on my PC so good job Hoib! (As I remember, this is what Tennessee Steinmetz [Buddy Hackett] called Herbie in "the love bug")

dustymojave

Post by dustymojave » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:45 pm

It USED to be that Tapatalk photos were not visible on PCs. But I see your pics here Herb.

When The Love Bug was made, Buddy Hackett was a financial partner in a race car business with my dad and another partner. They were for a brief time Lotus Race Cars West. He was quite a character to have a conversation with. In a box somewhere I have a Buddy Hackett sweat shirt from back then about 50 years ago.
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills!, but then...So does OLD AGE!!
A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech Inspection
MDR / MORE / Glen Helen BajaCup Challenge
AKA: MojaveRacer208
'58 Baja with 815K Miles and counting

hotair

Post by hotair » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 pm

Thanks everybody...what about build threads, why are they locked?

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 am

If you are talking about the off-road build threads it is Leather that is the one to add to the build threads (http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 8&t=136758). To see them just click on them. To add yours I think you need to contact Leather (http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 8#p1248086).

Lee

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Correction: PM'ing leatherneck might be the best way. He's been quiet lately.

cbeck

Post by cbeck » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:57 pm

I felt bad for leather when I saw what happened to his rail. Seems like that was when stopped posting as frequently.