Looking to crew for desert racing

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Crawdad

Looking to crew for desert racing

Post by Crawdad »

I would be happy to crew for any VW-based race effort. Class 11, Class 5 or buggy. I have zero experience in desert racing, but have wanted to do this for a very long time.

My first car was a 1963 Bug that I turned into a Baja, and I am currently building a dry-sumped, fuel-injected hill-climb car from the ground up, based on a 1976 standard Beetle. My daily driver is a 1970 Karmann Ghia. I know VW engines and suspension, and can weld decently.

I would be willing to pay my own way to get to the event, in time for pre-running. But since I live in Virginia, I wouldn't be able to have much involvement during development of the car. Of course I would be stoked to have a stint as co-driver, but my offer isn't contingent on that.

The SNORE Caliente 250 is coming up in June. Anyone need a hand?

Matt
P.S. Here is a picture of the hill-climb car. Just trust me on this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bajaherbie

Re: Looking to crew for desert racing

Post by bajaherbie »

I saw your post on RaceDezert.... Hopefully you will have better luck there.

There is a race in texas in ten days or so, if you want to go to it I can meet you there. I am about 4 hrs away in Oklahoma.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
Crawdad

Post by Crawdad »

Thanks for the reply, BajaHerbie. I did get a couple of responses on RaceDezert and will be doing the Caliente 250 with Dave Hendrickson.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

It doesn't get any better than DaveCo.!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.