Cruise for Your Cause April 26, 2014

Check out www.vwshows.com for a comprehensive list of all VW shows.
thump911

Cruise for Your Cause April 26, 2014

Post by thump911 »

Hey there everyone!
I've been admittedly slacking this year when it comes to posting about this years Cruise. I've been slightly distracted by selling/purchasing a new home. I forgot how much paperwork and packing that came with picking up and moving!!
Anyhow, this doesn't mean that the Cruise isn't happening or that it's not going to be as exciting this year! Oh no! In fact, it is continuing to grow and this year is shaping up to be quite a memorable experience!
We will have full medical support this year for the entire duration of the Cruise, provided by 2Morrows First Aid.
The route is confirmed! The overall distance is a bit shorter this year at around 160km so that just means that there should be no excuses for anyone needing a fuel stop and losing the group! We will be meeting in Burnaby at 9am at the BC Kidney Foundation HQ located at 4940 Canada Way. We will be leaving at 930am SHARP so don't be late!! The route will take us out to the Swaneset Golf and Country Club in Pitt Meadows. After a break for about 1/2 hour we will venture out towards the Stave Falls PowerHouse which is where we will have our BBQ lunch stop. After our stomachs are satisfied, we will be treated to some of the most twisty and exciting roads I could find in the Lower Mainland! After much enjoyment on the roads our route will have us finish off at the Greg Moore Raceway in Chilliwack, hosted by the West Coast Kart Club. We should be finished the day around 3pm.
There are plenty of prizes to be won! 15 sponsors stepped up to the plate this year. To name a few include:
Tim Hortons
Nav Canada
NCIX Car Audio
Killer Car Audio
Black Star Graphics
Flash Auto Detailing LTD
Marvelous Marbles
The Kidney Foundation of Canada
Vemma
Twilight Drive-In
StreetShotz Photography
Bamboo Cafe
UBC Sports Car Club (UBCSCC)
Hammond Jewellers
Airproof Mechanical
DeHaan Desgin
4-H Canada
We are currently sitting around $3200 in total donations and a half dozen different charities supported...we would love to add your charity to the list!!
I challenge anyone who has any ride to come on out and show it off! Support the charity of your choice while doing what we all love...driving! Registration is FREE on the Cruise website and will guarantee you a FREE burger at lunch and a chance of winning one of the awesome prizes that will be drawn throughout the day.
I will try and do one more update prior to the event but please register or at least join the Facebook page to get any up to date information that may arise.
Share your ride! Share your support! Share your memories! And help change the life of someone special, forever!
For more information, please visit http://www.cruiseforyourcause.org or find the Cruise page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/cruiseforyourcause
I look forward to seeing you out on the roads on April 26!!