Cruise for Your Cause April 25, 2015 - Metro Vancouver

Check out www.vwshows.com for a comprehensive list of all VW shows.
thump911

Cruise for Your Cause April 25, 2015 - Metro Vancouver

Post by thump911 »

Greetings fellow car-crazies!!

Spring is just around the corner and that means a lot of things to a lot of people! Maybe some home renos, scrambling for those last few car mods or getting ready for that big, spring vacation. For me and my family though, this means the anniversary of my fathers passing coming up on April 25. My father, Larry Bowering, was an avid car enthusiast and 30 year volunteer firefighter who battled numerous health issues, including kidney dialysis and transplant. He was a loving father and well respected in his local community. To continue his legacy and help keep his memory alive, I have organized a charity car cruise in his memory and now call it Cruise for Your Cause. This event is in its 4th year running and it helps support local communities within the Vancouver, BC area, as well as numerous charities across Canada.

What makes this event unique is that it also provides an opportunity for anyone who participates to do the same for their own loved ones and continue their own legacy. All participants who register simply pick the charity of their choice to support, fund raise and make their donation, and then come out for an exciting and memorable ~200km drive throughout the Lower Mainland. Last year alone the event brought out ~85 cars and we were able to support 28 local and national charities, raising a 3 year running total of over $16,000. This upcoming event in 2015 I am hoping to add another $10,000 to that total and support many more charities in the process. All of the proceeds that I personally raise for this event will benefit the BC Kidney Foundation.

This event is not isolated to one charity but rather limitless possibilities and endless lives. My story is to remember my dad and support the BC Kidney Foundation. Please consider joining the Cruise on April 25 and share your story of someone special or currently battling with any number of health issues. Together as a car community, we will all gather together and help make a difference in someone's life forever.

Register for a chance at prizes from one of our sponsors, a free BBQ lunch, event swag and one heck of an enjoyable drive!!

For more information and free registration, please visit http://www.cruiseforyourcause.org . Find us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you out on the roads on April 25.

Travis Bowering
http://www.cruiseforyourcause.org
http://www.facebook.com/cruiseforyourcause
@CruiseYourCause
@travisbowering

Proud Supporters:

Turn3 Autosport
Vancouver Automotive Magazine
Flash Towing and Detail
Killer Car Audio
DeHaaDesign
VCMC Motorsport Club