Video store

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
kubelguy13

Re: Video store

Post by kubelguy13 »

Humpty wrote:Aaron Roberts bus at Willowbank on Wednesday night.... First time on the quarter!
That's a crazy fast bus
"Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
kubelguy13

Post by kubelguy13 »

double post for people not in my thread.

Here's a video with the soft rev limiter set to 5200rpm to cut spark advance.
"Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
turbobaja

Post by turbobaja »

Sounds good Kubel!

Here's my first session on the local Mustang Dyno. Nice cool morning and better results than I was expecting :D

Karl

DON'T QUIT
Humpty

Post by Humpty »

turbobaja wrote:Sounds good Kubel!

Here's my first session on the local Mustang Dyno. Nice cool morning and better results than I was expecting :D

Sounds nice, you neglected to state the results?... Come on man, do leave us hanging? :D
turbobaja

Post by turbobaja »

Humpty wrote:Sounds nice, you neglected to state the results?... Come on man, do leave us hanging? :D
I put some details of the engine and the results on Youtube, but you have to click the icon and make it full screen read it all.

Here's the power curve graphed. 156.2 hp @ 5,000rpm and 183.8 ft/lbs. @ 3,750rpm with a max of 7.5psi boost. AFR was leaning out pretty bad as boost came on and the wastegate started opening @ 6psi. ~3,700rpm and climbed slowly to 7.5psi by 5,200rpm. While I was pleasantly surprised with the power, the tune left a lot to be desired. I'll be back to this dyno (hopefully in the Spring) after I've switched over to MSEFI and crank-fired ignition 8) .

Karl

DON'T QUIT
Humpty

Post by Humpty »

Rod's new ride getting some shack down runs in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Si5ERbfsJE
Humpty

Post by Humpty »

Wally

Post by Wally »

You're almost climbing over the dyno rollers! :shock:
Carefull with ping, colders plugs won;t really help with that, just back off timing if yu can.

Did Rod's tire rub or s/th? Looked like easy runs for him doing low nines 8)

Some last years track day driving from me in the warm-up sesion of the last Time Attack rounds.
Just when I got into it some more, I was black flagged for too much noise... :|

bazibbo

Post by bazibbo »

I really love your car Wally, the mix of performance and handling is great.

You and Dan with his 1302 are definately motivating me. Despite being a swingaxle, I'm going to hit a few trackdays this year..... should be entertaining.... possibly embarassing :oops: but definately gonna be fun

'71 1302s 1914 EFI chargecooled turbo

My old build thread http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 3&t=138297
StefFreak

Post by StefFreak »

My 67, just finished it the other night. Currently running 7psi

Stef
Dan Dryden

Post by Dan Dryden »

bazibbo wrote:I really love your car Wally, the mix of performance and handling is great.

You and Dan with his 1302 are definately motivating me. Despite being a swingaxle, I'm going to hit a few trackdays this year..... should be entertaining.... possibly embarassing :oops: but definately gonna be fun
Hey Baz, I'm pleased you're still motivated. I think corners are far more fun than a straight line! :twisted:
Wally's car is leagues ahead of mine though. 8)
I don't know if I'm going to get to many shows or do much track time this year as I am having an extension built on my house this Spring / Summer.
I will definitely be going to this show though and get some track time: http://www.apexfestival.co.uk/save-the-date/index.html
It's a long journey down for you but I guarantee you will have a great time. If you don't fancy camping I can give you the details of local Travel Inns or B&B's.

The same goes for you too Wally!..... Think of it as a smaller version of Le Bug Show, Spa. :wink:
Wally

Post by Wally »

Cheers Dan!
I'd love to someday, but this year I'am running the 1200cc engine (so it wouldn't be much fun on the circle track anyways) and only do a dyno event and the "Aircooled Elvington-mile" topspeed (Land speed record) event at Elvington airbase (near York) I help organise. Then the budget is gone I'am afraid..
Humpty

Post by Humpty »

My first successful power runs last wednesday night.... Car ran well, started making good power with every run, then bang... The rhs axle snapped.... Good thing I have a new pan with Folts equipped 091 coming together.... The 2276 is almost ready to go in too.

13.2 run (was too funny when the theme song started just as he rolled out...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yfQnMgyv6c
bazibbo

Post by bazibbo »

Wally wrote:Cheers Dan!
I'd love to someday, but this year I'am running the 1200cc engine (so it wouldn't be much fun on the circle track anyways) and only do a dyno event and the "Aircooled Elvington-mile" topspeed (Land speed record) event at Elvington airbase (near York) I help organise. Then the budget is gone I'am afraid..

Apex appeals Dan, maybe :) but I've got to get to Elvington to see Wally, it's only an hour up the road

'71 1302s 1914 EFI chargecooled turbo

My old build thread http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 3&t=138297
Wally

Post by Wally »

That would be great! Looking forward to meeting you mate :-)