What did you do to your turbo today?

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Wally

Re: What did you do to your turbo today?

Post by Wally »

bazibbo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:04 am Think that'll be my long term aim Wally.

I never did manage to get the S40 to control that N75 valve. I might yet try and control it using something electronic and independent of everything, but for now it's just plumbed into my manual boost controller :-(
Thats exactly what I mean: I never got the N75 properly working either; seemed like it was not really meant to be 'controlled' by a stand-alone ecu. Please invest a few tenners and get a decent 3-port. More power down low in the RPM because of it. Night and day difference for me it was.
bazibbo

Post by bazibbo »

Would you run the 3-port on a separate independent EBC Wally?

'71 1302s 1914 EFI chargecooled turbo

My old build thread http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 3&t=138297
Wally

Post by Wally »

bazibbo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 am Would you run the 3-port on a separate independent EBC Wally?
Sorry for the late respons, but I was moving house...
Yes, I run it on a seperate EBC (Gizzmo iirc), but on the ECU (DTA) it works as well. The independant EBC just gives me more 'on the fly' adjustibility. I think it has 6 boost settings. Setting 6 is my 'ludicrous mode' hehe.
sidemarkers

Post by sidemarkers »

Replacing a faulty 3 bar map sensor. Got about 6 months out of a non-GM generic ebay version. Ordered a genuine GM map off ebay.
sidemarkers

Post by sidemarkers »

Turns out the sensor was fine because the new one is doing the same thing. Ended up replacing a spark plug insulator and a tach lead grommet. All cleared up.
Jamesjh

Post by Jamesjh »

MarioVelotta wrote:Get a bigger filter on that thing!
It took a while but I finally did.ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sidemarkers

Post by sidemarkers »

Dropping off backpack in a jiffy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andreas5bmw

Post by andreas5bmw »

I installed a Snow performance methanol system,,,I have to say it’s pretty easy to install,,,the instructions are not the best,,,recommend to read it several times before it starts to make and sense,,,the reason for installing it was due to knocking and pinging at 6lbs boost,,,,I was kind of skeptical about this whole system and having it fix my problem,,,,but I have to tell you the system works was able to run 14lbs boost without any problems and up to 6500 rpm,,,,did not have any time to check air fuel mixture but that is my next test once it stops raining in Los Angeles this week,,,,some people say you will have bogging issue when the water is injected but I think I got lucking by having a very long custom intake system,,,so I think some of the water and methanol is already vapor and is already cooling down the boost charge.,,,I will let you know what happens to tuning and also I’m going to play with more advance the timing,,,,I want to see what I can get away with.
GARRICK.CLARK1

Post by GARRICK.CLARK1 »

Coo L.
You might be pleasantly suprised when you up the timing. I was. Keep an eye on the water though, If it empties under boost bad things can happen .
My Nozzles are under the carbs as the meth rots the carb's.
andreas5bmw

Post by andreas5bmw »

Thanks for the info,,,,my nozzle is in the intake pipe leading to the turbo.
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Intercooler time...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Looks small? You run 5-7psi or so?