Safari Turbo/Megasquirt Fuel Injection Project

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
MarioVelotta

Re: Safari Turbo/Megasquirt Fuel Injection Project

Post by MarioVelotta »

Here I come with my holy grail ☺
IMG_56x556.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

MarioVelotta wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:26 pm Here I come with my holy grail ☺

IMG_56x556.jpg
Bring it on!!! :wink: :lol: 8)

I can't wait to see what a high revving 1600 will do for power.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
CobraJet

Post by CobraJet »

Awesome, your buggy really gets up and goes! What RPM were you shifting at?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I shift between 5200-5500 rpm usually......rev limiter is set at 5700 rpm....for missed shifts and times I forget to shift.......
Most times I'm not even looking at the tach.......I'm just rowing through the gears.....trying to keep it straight.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Clonebug wrote:I shift between 5200-5500 rpm usually......rev limiter is set at 5700 rpm....for missed shifts and times I forget to shift.......
Most times I'm not even looking at the tach.......I'm just rowing through the gears.....trying to keep it straight.
That thing goes as straight as an arrow!
Better to be blown than to suck!
buguy

Post by buguy »

Clone how much over ambient temperature are you seeing with the intercooler? Does it stay consistent with ambient temps? Like is it normally 10 degrees over etc...?
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

Clonebug wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 amThe intercooler is doing a fantastic job holding the IAT's down on boost along with the WI. I'm seeing 78* F. at 23.8 lbs boost in the month of June with cooler ambient temps. That is on a short boost run though.......
When the ambient temps get to 85* F. then the IAT's are around 107* F. at full boost.
Long boosted runs will raise the IAT's as everything gets heat soaked.
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

That speedo is a joke isn’t it lol it’s just gets thrown around lol
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Mileage, 91458

Well Crap........After almost 14 years and probably 60,000 plus miles my used clutch cable broke on us coming back from the Bay last night.......good thing I'm a truck driver and can shift without the clutch...... :lol: 8)
And to think I had the Wife talked into going to the PIR Races with it to watch Mario strut his stuff...... :roll: :cry: :cry:
Looks like we just might have to go in the Wife's CC now instead......oh well.

Anyone local to me have a spare clutch cable I can buy to save waiting for shipping????
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

where ya located?

I have one laying around.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Turbo!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I've been cleaning the garage lately... nothing there. I just checked my messy shed and I didn't find one in that mess either. What I thought I had turned out to be for something else.

Autovice/Bowwow was sold a while back and has moved to Monroe under new ownership. Its now located across from the fairgrounds on (I think) HWY 2.

Maybe this winter you can pull everything apart again :roll: and convert to hydraulic (not meant as being a mean or nasty idea).

Lee
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

turboedbug wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 am where ya located?

I have one laying around.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
I'm in Lynden up by the border so I don't think we can get farther apart......
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

How you you shift without a clutch?
Better to be blown than to suck!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Carefully!

You have to match RPM with gear box speeds. Unless you have an old Chev (not the only ones but that is how I learned to do it) vintage from just after the Tri-5s to at least through the '60s, where the clutch cross-shaft would fall off or the motor mounts would go south suddenly, there isn't much reason to learn how to do it.

(roughly) At a dead stop: shut the engine off then shift the gear box in 1st (keep you foot off the clutch pedal as it isn't going to help at all :evil: ! :lol: ) then, when ready, start the engine in gear and you will move forward. When shifting you slightly let off on the throttle and pull the trans into neutral (it is kind of the same as but in reverse of "double clutching"... in some ways) then let off on the engine RPM some more so that when engine speed and gear box speed match or close to it, you can pull the trans into the next gear in the gear box. Once you have done this continue on through the gears until the next un wanted stop (unless you are finally home or have a heart attack) then pull the gear box into neutral to stop then turn off the engine (I don't recommend turning off the engine to stop as that can end up with potential problems. Repeat the process if needed! Also, you want to be able to time things so you don't have to stop all the time. I once had to drive close 30 miles via. ground streets through Seattle and even back then there was a lot of stop lights; now... phew!

I learned this with cars with non-syncro first gear so I am not sure if you can put the box into first gear with the car slightly in motion. I still wouldn't recommend it though as a ticket is now almost as much as a new transmission :wink: .

This requires keeping your mind on what is going on around you and what you are in the process of doing as you are now handicapped in panic situations. Its not hard... just "difficult" until you have done it enough times. It is hard to say not to learn it 'cause as soon as I say don't someone (such as clonebug' sudden problem) will have a reason to do it.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I work in construction and drive a dump truck to haul my machine to and from the jobs...The only time I use the clutch in the truck is to take off from a standing start. It has 18 speeds and I shift without the clutch all the time so doing on the buggy isn't too difficult.
On the way home we just took a route where we didn't have to stop completely to get home.