Chip's Turbo EFI Build

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Chip Birks

Re: Time to spill a little...

Post by Chip Birks »

Thanks! This is only one part of the "different" stuff, the rest will come when I am good and ready to share it, hopefully after she fires... :D
my_medusa

Post by my_medusa »

damn...looks like my old supercharger setup that i stoped because of getting addicted in 36hp engines.
if you dont like the long and and curvy way to the TB you can wount the TB behind the shroud.
looks good at all.
if you would welding the intercooler you coul save alot of way by going next to the shrout through the firewall and go out with TB on the backside.
maybe it is possible without welding. TB on the backsinde needs ney runner lengths.
but i think how it is will work very well. you will see.
i also really like the 22 pin! that is easy and brilliant.
my system in now in an other car we welted the intercooler do fit next to a porsche cooling system with the TB 1600i mountet backside...
this is befor welding the intercooler to fit.

you gave the blackline57 guys your car last season right?
honorable
wishes from germany
ToRy 70

Post by ToRy 70 »

Chip Birks wrote:The firewall plug was just like any other weatherpack connector, tedious, but not difficult. It comes with multiple gauge inserts, so that was nice. Mine will be completely populated when I'm done, 22 pins barely covered it. But it worked out well enough.
Did you use the proprietary crimp tool, or other means? Sorry for the tedium. :)
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

I use something similar to these. I got them from NAPA and they work good.

The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

crimpers are similar to the ones Mario showed. Wish I had the real deal though. DIY sells some nice looking ones.
Small Update:
Got the header hung, Its a very nice part, I am extremely pleased!
It tucks up very high, very stealthy :twisted:
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Talk about motivation to get the car together, got home from Sac at 4am and am ready to get my car back on the road. There were some KILLER turbo'd street cars there. Geez, I can't wait to get this thing running!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

More changes are on the way. Saying good bye to the Mexican stuff, hello to something that will flow some serious air. :twisted:

oh yeah, the mexican stuff is for sale. Pm if interested.
WickedWagens

Post by WickedWagens »

I was wondering what you were doing when I saw your mexi stuff for sale last night.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Haha, yeah, now, if only someone would take it off my hands...
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Too bad I just picked up 3 more sets :cry:
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

MarioVelotta wrote:Too bad I just picked up 3 more sets :cry:
Nice timing, lol! Antonio was the exclusive seller of these things and now that mine is for sale it only makes sense that there are 4 sellers all with the same thing, haha! Oh well.
Chip Birks

Re: Time to spill a little...redo redone...

Post by Chip Birks »

Chip Birks wrote:More changes are on the way. Saying good bye to the Mexican stuff, hello to something that will flow some serious air. :twisted:

oh yeah, the mexican stuff is for sale. Pm if interested.
Since my last post, I've done some major parts collecting from all over the country and have finally had some time to actually work on it. Made a little progress in the last couple days. Its been slow going but the vision is finally being seen in real life.
I managed to move the Mexican stuff, and a few other things. The top half is just about ready to tig up and then I need to get the pipe from the turbo to the TB finished up. Waiting on my tb flange right now though. Hopefully I can get that done this week. Throttle body will be mounted right before the pipe goes through the shroud into the intercooler.
Turbo Farviknugn

Post by Turbo Farviknugn »

Chip Birks wrote:
Chip Birks wrote:Image
Where did you score the steel flanges for the intakes from ?? I could use some of them !!!

BTW Nice looking set up !!
WickedWagens

Re: Time to spill a little...Redo REDONE!

Post by WickedWagens »

Wow! that is quite a change. Are you planning on doing any sort of transition(like a velocity stack) where the individual runners take off from the plenums?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Turbo Farviknugn wrote:Where did you score the steel flanges for the intakes from ?? I could use some of them !!!

BTW Nice looking set up !!
I actually had them made by a friend of mine, not sure if I can get more though. The way we did it wasn't the most productive way, but it was what we had. It would be nice to get some water jet cut, mine were done on a cnc mill. Kind of a slow process to cut the steel, but they turned out really nice. Talk about some precision cut pieces, I told the guy to go 2" I.D. for my 2" pipes. Turns out that pipe isn't quite that precise. It about killed me to have to take the die grinder to the inside of the perfect flange to open then up a couple thousandths.
WickedWagens wrote:Wow! that is quite a change. Are you planning on doing any sort of transition(like a velocity stack) where the individual runners take off from the plenums?
At this point I was just considering leaving them as they are(obviously ported to full size though), there is just not a whole lot of room inside those 3 inch tubes to get stack in there. Any recommendations regarding this issue? I've heard of people doing it both ways.
Thanks for the compliments guys.