Fuel Systems that Feed our Turbo powered mills! (GALLERY)

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
turboboy

Re: Fuel Systems that Feed our Turbo powered mills! (GALLERY

Post by turboboy »

Draw through , like on the frist line
Holley 600 vac
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

No matter what else you do, especially with the Holley, would be the installation of a by-pass regulator allowing a lot fuel to cycle through the pump -- -- that will keep the pump cool -- I lost a couple of holleys do to overheating when they were dead headed into carb with no return
turboboy

Post by turboboy »

Thanks Fiat Dude
Do you recon the Holley red is enough or should I go the blue or black even
I think the red will flow enough but will it keep up with the serge of fuel demand when flooring it drag racing?
Humpty

Post by Humpty »

I have a -8 outlet on the RCI Poly tank, feeding a RUSSELL 10mic filter, into a Carter 'Black' pump which feeds a 1/2" hardline to a 100mic spin on filter/water separator... This then heads for an Aeromotive FPR then loops back to the tank via another 1/2" hardline.... All hardlines are connected using Speedflow hose barb fittings and 1/2" soft hose.... The 500 Dbl Brl Holley get's its fuel via a 1/2" soft hose.... The only restriction is the carb fuel inlet.....

Some build up pics from when I put it all together last year....

Works well for me....
n0ftInc

Post by n0ftInc »

Does anyone run returnless fuel rails..only having a return coming off of the FPR?
'59 Scab - 2180T
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Are you talking about teeing the fuel line off a main feed the goes straight to the FPR.

Not looping through the fuel rails?
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
seabeebuggy

Post by seabeebuggy »

Well that looks cool.
GS guy

Post by GS guy »

Modified fuel tank I'm working on. I needed to reverse the top relative to the bottom, and "while I'm in there...."

New outlet and return bungs:

:D
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Amazing work!!
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Humpty wrote:I have a -8 outlet on the RCI Poly tank, feeding a RUSSELL 10mic filter, into a Carter 'Black' pump which feeds a 1/2" hardline to a 100mic spin on filter/water separator... This then heads for an Aeromotive FPR then loops back to the tank via another 1/2" hardline.... All hardlines are connected using Speedflow hose barb fittings and 1/2" soft hose.... The 500 Dbl Brl Holley get's its fuel via a 1/2" soft hose.... The only restriction is the carb fuel inlet.....

Some build up pics from when I put it all together last year....
Works well for me....
Is it not norm to have the finer filter after the pump?
FullFender

Re: Fuel Systems that Feed our Turbo powered mills! (GALLERY)

Post by FullFender »

has anyone been able to run a FI system such as FiTech on their draw thru? The only ones i have seen are on AJ's kits. Im curious how you guys manage fuel puddling with the FI always self correcting?
DerrickfromNC

Post by DerrickfromNC »

You might want to delete this from the gallery section where it could easily be missed and start a new topic on this in the Forced Induction Forum.
FullFender

Post by FullFender »

DerrickfromNC wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 am You might want to delete this from the gallery section where it could easily be missed and start a new topic on this in the Forced Induction Forum.
ah will do, totally missed where it said gallery in the title. My mistake :oops: :roll: , thank you!
GS guy

Post by GS guy »

For the FYI column thought I'd share a little info regarding using AN fittings & hose for your fuel system. In my case, that's specifically AN-6 from the tank outlet, through a pre-filter, pump, stainless hard supply and return lines, high pressure filter, fuel rail(s) - Suby engine and Dub Shop fuel pressure regulator. I'd like to show pics of the entire system but got caught out from supply chain shortages and can't get the last few fittings I need to finish - until Jan 2022!
My original plan was to use Aeroquip (AQP) push-lock hoses/fittings for all the low pressure pre-pump plumbing and regular AQP AN-6 SS braided hose and fittings for high pressure post-pump. Over time (been at this a few years....) I became more educated about what kinds of hose material can stand up to modern fuels and unfortunately the system I'd chosen would need frequent inspection and replacement. Sucks after dropping all that $$$ on hose and fittings, but I seriously dislike working on "wet" fuel systems - so searched for an alternative. That led me to Earl's Ultrapro line of hoses and fittings. This Teflon lined hose is basically permanent and it had the various fittings and angles I needed for my install. More $$$! When I looked closer though, I noticed another benefit with the Ultrapro - the fitting ID is notably larger that standard AN hardware.
Most probably know the - (dash) rating is in 16'ths, so AN-6 is nominally 6/16" or 3/8". Should be big enough to feed a mild V8 and certainly enough for my 4-cyl. That's the "nominal" description, although the actual hose ID is somewhat smaller, closer to 5/16". When I got the push-lock parts in hand, I noted the -6 hose is a true 3/8" ID, with matching 3/8 OD hose connection on the end fittings. This provided a notable increase in fitting ID vs. standard AN, which I figured would work even better for my gravity fed pump. When I decided to switch everything to ultra-pro, it too had a notable larger fitting ID where it enters the hose - win win! And I'm using it everywhere (except maybe for one short section off the tank) so fuel flow shouldn't be an issue.

Since I've acquired quite a collection of various AN-6 fittings (mostly Earl's and AQP) I though it might help out others to share what I've found regarding the ID of the various fittings - something not typically specified in the part description!

Up for your viewing pleasure are (L - R) (AN-6 inside diameter in inches):

1) Dub Shop AN-6 to AN-6 ORB adapter, (0.315)
2) AQP AN-6 to 3/8 NPT adapter, (0.296)
3) Swagelock SS 3/8 tube to AN-6 adapter, (0.280)
4) Earls AN-6 Ultrapro hose fitting, (0.276)
5) AQP AN-6 Push Lock hose fitting, (0.275)
6) JEGS (#110849) AN-6 to 3/8 Hose adapter elbow, (0.235)
7) AQP AN-6 hose fitting, (0.230)
DSC00966.JPG
DSC00967.JPG
That's quite a difference between the first 5 and last two (at less than 1/4"!). Food for thought when planning your fuel delivery system.
Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.