250HP+ 1600DP Mouse Motor

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Chip Birks

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Post by Chip Birks »

I need to do the same with mine. Got most of the parts. Just need to get it together. Reports like these keep me motivated.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Awesome 8) 8) 8)
mactaylor

Post by mactaylor »

Hey kalle, If you don't mind me asking what is your header diameter? I have read the whole thing a few times but it still eludes me!
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

mactaylor wrote:Hey kalle, If you don't mind me asking what is your header diameter? I have read the whole thing a few times but it still eludes me!
It is, as many other things on my engine, way too big: 1 3/4" and with a T4 flange :D I used the header from my 2332ccm.

-K-
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Any idea what your pre-turbo back pressure looks like?
mactaylor

Post by mactaylor »

Thanks Kalle!
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Chip Birks wrote:Any idea what your pre-turbo back pressure looks like?
Actually no but I do believe it is quite OK. I base this on the response when I want to increase the boost. I`m mostly outside the area where the turbo is really starting to pick up hence why it responds so positive at higher boost. Base pressure (wastegate) is currently 26 psi.

I would also like to inform you all that I sold the car turn-key this weekend. I know that the new owner will take good care of it and also drive respectfully which is important to me.

A big thank you to the thread owner for allowing me to post my updates here! And a big thank you to everyone that have asked questions. Keep them coming and I will do my best to answer :)
Bye bye.jpg
-K-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Say it isn't So!!!!!!!!!!

Are you getting out of turbo VW's or just on to bigger and better ones???????
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Well you certainly made an impact around here Kalle, thanks for all the info you have shared!

I almost have a short block for mine, I know Chip Birks is working on his as well and Clone has been boosting on his for some time now at 20+ putting a smack down on every car that tried to play :twisted: My hope is that I am caught up enough at the shop by January to take advantage of the slow period to work on my car again. It's hard to move a business forward when you aren't present in the local scene :cry:
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
petew

Post by petew »

Hey Kalle, what are you up to next? Gotta another car project in mind?
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Thank you guys!

I can tell you that there is NO drama involved with my decision to sell my 67. It is just a time for everything in life and now it was time to do this. Together with the car and the trailer the new owner also got all the parts needed for the MK II version of the mouse engine:

- Thick wall AA 92/94 barrels
- NOS Mahle 92mm pistons
- CB Mini Wedgeport heads with 42x37 valves

So basically going from a 1641ccm to 1835ccm. I have informed the new owner about this thread and I will ask him to present himself.

Other projects? Well.. I have this waiting for me in the garage;
sneak peak.jpg
And together with parts for a 2165ccm engine. For the time being NA but perhaps later...........

Please keep this thread alive with your off-the-shelf-cheap-parts high HP mouse engines! I really look forward to reading about them and looking at your pictures. Who will be the first to reach 125hp per barrel? I think it possible!

Best rgs
Kalle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saltgrinder

Post by saltgrinder »

Ooo yeah , I like the look of that
loVol

Post by loVol »

Been following along this thread the whole way through, Great to see how you were able to get so much power out of a mouse engine!

Would you be able to tel me what model of PWR intercooler you used? I'm going to use one on mine, just have to get the right size!
Kalle wrote: This is my plenum and intercooler. It is very quick and easy to remove from the engine and it does look dull after a season of racing;

And from a different angle:

I`m very happy with my PWR intercooler. Yes they do cost a fair bit more compared to the average China ones but I believe you get what you pay for.
Cheers for any help.
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

loVol wrote:Been following along this thread the whole way through, Great to see how you were able to get so much power out of a mouse engine!

Would you be able to tel me what model of PWR intercooler you used? I'm going to use one on mine, just have to get the right size!

Cheers for any help.
Thanks and of course I can tell you what model I used. You can find it here:

http://www.chargecooler.co.uk/index.php ... cts_id=194

Please not that I did shorten mine a bit.

My water/ice tank is 25 liters and placed in the spare wheel well up front and I`m using a Bosch water/intercooler pump to circulate the water. You will notice a huge diffence in your IAT (Intake Air Temperature) between using only water, water/ice and water/dry ice.
Dry Ice CO smoke.jpg
-K-
Torgeir

Post by Torgeir »

Hi everybody.

Sorry for my late reply after Kalle informed me of this thread, but it took me a while just to get through the all of the 45 pages so far...

I must admit that I was probably as shocked as you guys to get the call form Kalle asking me i if was interrested in bying the car.

Kalle and me go way back, and i have followed the development of the car form when it came to Norway, so it was quite an easy decision to make, but i insisted he use the following weekend after we agreed to make shure it was the right thing to do..

For me it was a winn, winn either way , because I allso would have loved to see Kalle evolve the car/engine even further. Hopfully I will be able to continue the development, but i think at least we will use the following season to get to know each other. Safe to say thet the driver probably neads more updates than the car, as it has been a good couple of years since driving a properly hot vw..

Kalle has kindly offered his support with getting familliar with the setup, and further development.

Will try to continue updating like Kalle has, and if there is anything I can contribute with regarding setup or solutions I would be glad to share. I assume that Kalle will continue follow this thread so i know he will probably give answers on the current setup, and i can help if pictures is neaded, and update on any developments.

Torgeir