Problem of the day. Post it up!

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
seabeebuggy

Problem of the day. Post it up!

Post by seabeebuggy »

Post it up.

My blow off valve goes off to easy. It is a CBP kind or the one they sell. My boot comes right off the turbo. My adjustment is cranked all the way down and it still blows off at 10 lbs. I just removed the hose for now but i fear in the sand it will over boost once there is some resistance on the drive train.
miniman82

Re: Problem of the day. Post it up!

Post by miniman82 »

My battery is dead. Again. I'm too lazy to charge it back up, due to being on vacation. :lol:
56speedster

Post by 56speedster »

I'm NOT on vacation! :evil: And the rain is spoiling my driving time in the Speedster.
Vee Dub Nut

Post by Vee Dub Nut »

At least you got rain... were only in the worst recorded drought in history down here. States on fire, water wells drying up, tree's are dieing, and lots of foundation problems. Could be worse.... Why don't ya send it down our way if your done with it :mrgreen: :lol:

Now for the turbo problem of the day... Some forgot to install the turbo drain fitting on the deep sump before it was installed on the engine, now that said someone can't thread the fitting in cause it hits the case :roll:
56speedster

Post by 56speedster »

Vee Dub Nut wrote:At least you got rain... were only in the worst recorded drought in history down here. States on fire, water wells drying up, tree's are dieing, and lots of foundation problems. Could be worse.... Why don't ya send it down our way if your done with it :mrgreen: :lol:

Now for the turbo problem of the day... Some forgot to install the turbo drain fitting on the deep sump before it was installed on the engine, now that said someone can't thread the fitting in cause it hits the case :roll:
That "drought" situation was here until just about 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping the rain is headed your way. We had over 110 straight days over 90 degrees which is usual around here but 70 straight days of that were well over 100. August was the most miserable heat that I can remember so I feel for ya there and know your pain. I don't mind the rain - it's the part that I don't drive the Speedster in that I don't like. The reason I don't drive it in the rain is because it's too much of a pain in the butt to put the top up. :mrgreen:
seabeebuggy

Post by seabeebuggy »

i hope to drive before winter hits. i have used about 10$ of gas in 1 year ad spent 350 in insurance.
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

I can't boost more than 6psi :(
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Think I found the problem :oops: Turbosmart gives to many port options for plumbing. I missed plugging a hole in the top hat :roll: Time to go make some boost!
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
seabeebuggy

Post by seabeebuggy »

LOTS OF PROBLEMS NOT ENOUGH ANSWERS lol
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

Post by Turbo_Manx_Maniac »

All my stuff is in boxes all over the place. At least your stuff is running.... :cry:
I accidentally Googled my Twitter. (And I liked it)
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

Post by Turbo_Manx_Maniac »

seabeebuggy wrote:My blow off valve goes off to easy.
Had that issue when I was 17, try thinking of Betty White naked. Glad I could help.
I accidentally Googled my Twitter. (And I liked it)
John_S

Post by John_S »

reseting megasquirt under boost and high revs

note : major hacking of relay board has sorted it .... i think
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

Sounds like ignition noise, resistor wires and plugs solved my resets.
John_S

Post by John_S »

miniman82 wrote:Sounds like ignition noise, resistor wires and plugs solved my resets.
already use suppressed ignition leads and resistor plugs ... have done since i did MS install 3 years ago ....
56speedster

Post by 56speedster »

SMOKES!!!!! Originally pulled the engine for blow-by that I think was caused by my CB head failure (dropped valve seat). Replaced bearings, P&C and installed a new cam and CB lightweight lifters. Cam break-in went fine and I had put 13 miles on the engine driving it home and haven't driven it since I brought it home.

Decided to take it for a spin this evening and came across a nice old lowrider Impala that wanted to run em so I figured what the heck. Hammered through 3 gears and left him waaaaay back but I'm smoking like a crack whore at WOT and high rpms. I'm hoping that I didn't beat on it too bad and that these new rings take a seat but I can't remember it ever smoking like it did this evening.

Right now I'm running a moderate 10psi and am keeping my fingers crossed that these rings seat because I really don't feel like pulling the engine and if it comes down to the point where I have to, I will and then I will sell it and buy me a Geo Metro or a Yugo....