100 Cubic Inches of Fury!

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Chip Birks

100 Cubic Inches of Fury!

Post by Chip Birks »

I don't really know what's wrong with me. Winter is here and I'm bored. My bug is parked in the garage, and for the first time in years I can go out there and fire it up whenever I want. For some reason that is just not good enough. I've been collecting parts over the last year or so to build an evil mouse motor, and I may just make that jump while the snow is flying. Last year all of my efforts were focused on getting the big one together, as well as sorting out all of the various fab jobs required to turn 1000 boxes of stuff into a running and driving car. This year I can focus on the little guy.

The basic plan is to basically swap the long blocks leaving almost everything else in tact. A turbo change will probably be in order as well, but I have options there too. This motor will more than likely be an E85 gulper since it will be seeing a lot of boost. It'll also get a nice spray of water/meth injection to ensure that detonation stays far away.

As of right now that is all I have to say. I'll update this thread as I get bits and pieces together. This little motor will be a "sweep the floor" type of arrangement. Should be a fun build.

Mario, is there room in the 1600 Club for one more?
Last edited by Chip Birks on Sun May 06, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarioVelotta

Re: Project "done" now what...

Post by MarioVelotta »

Ha! There is room for as many that want to play. Right now I honestly don't feel like my car will ever run again.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
Vee Dub Nut

Post by Vee Dub Nut »

Chip Birks wrote:I don't really know what's wrong with me....
I know the feeling.. my car is on what revision now? :roll:

Sounds like a fun project.. keep us posted!
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006

67 Beetle
74 Transporter (SOHC EJ25)

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
madmike

Post by madmike »

You are not alone :wink: Winter sux :evil: I'm too busy in the summer(3months) so I'ts build time in the off season :D
Eaallred

Post by Eaallred »

Come work on mine, Chip. Plenty to do over here! haha
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

My squishy engine is done. Now I'm trying to decide if I should swap it out of my baja and install a 2600 T4 I'm building, or just turbo the squishy engine for fun.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

MarioVelotta wrote:Ha! There is room for as many that want to play. Right now I honestly don't feel like my car will ever run again.
I felt the same way, just keep plugging along and it'll be ready soon enough.

The only problem with winter for me is the cold, my garage is not even sort of warm to work in, it is just isolated from the elements.

Eric, you should move closer to me, then we can work on each others junk much easier :mrgreen: Move fast though, come April-May I'll be needing help with more than the cars...In fact I need to be done with this aspect of the project by then since it will be put on hold once my BABIES get here.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Steve Arndt wrote:turbo the squishy engine
YES!!! Probably should do new big chamber heads though, or you'll be pretty boost limited like Stripped.
Eaallred

Post by Eaallred »

Yea, get all your projects done now, cause it'll be limited after the new arrivals!

If I can source you anything to heat your garage, let me know. I know a guy that can get you equipment for cost. ;)
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

And he is skinny if you have a tight crawl space...
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Chip Birks wrote:
Steve Arndt wrote:turbo the squishy engine
YES!!! Probably should do new big chamber heads though, or you'll be pretty boost limited like Stripped.

E85 should love the CR...
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Eaallred

Post by Eaallred »

Steve Arndt wrote:And he is skinny if you have a tight crawl space...
LOL, no way. Chip's skinnier than me, er, this guy I know. When I get ready to hire a guy, i'm looking for a skinny fella. haha
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Time to bring this one back from the dead. Finally started dusting off the parts I have for this new engine. Excited to move forward!
buguy

Post by buguy »

Will you use your existing efi stuff or build another unit?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

For now I'll just reuse what i can. This new engine will just plug in under everything else. I'll have to change my cast aluminum intake manifolds to some that match the ports of my little heads, but otherwise most everything else should transfer over. It'll get its own pulley w/trigger wheel, and maybe a cam sync. It may also just inherit my small injectors, I got a new set for the big engine, assuming it'll actually run with them installed(they are real big). I'll do a new ecu once I have 2 cars to put the engines in.