SOLD - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
rubenski

Re: NEW plan - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

Post by rubenski »

Whats the led for?
Better to be blown than to suck!
petew

Post by petew »

Would you believe, 'brake failure warning lamp'? Seriously, they want a 62yo car to have a brake failure warning light. Stupid, out of control, nanny-state laws. It also needs a demister and a windscreen washer. Ridiculous. Anyhow, I'll get it certified and get over myself. The crazy thing is, my inspector said I can legally install a 2442cc turbo motor once these inspections are done. Crazy stuff right? :shock:
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Monkey-laws!
Better to be blown than to suck!
buguy

Post by buguy »

That's hilarious! Wouldn't you love to have a 2442 turbo and do all the stuff they want, then take them for a ride in it to see what they just passed!
petew

Post by petew »

buguy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:46 am That's hilarious! Wouldn't you love to have a 2442 turbo and do all the stuff they want, then take them for a ride in it to see what they just passed!
Well yes, but by then I'd be living in the car, coz I wouldn't be sleeping inside anymore. Apparently the missus is not too keen on me "upgrading" the motor. I dread to think what a 2442 longblock would end up costing, even with just mild heads and a chinese crank. :roll:
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Just turn up the boost and rev it higher........ :wink: :lol: 8)
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

For sure! But in reality you have to be pushing it with a stock chassis as is aren't you? Didn't you say you could boost to 350hp?
petew

Post by petew »

350hp? Not with current turbo... and my current trans wouldn't like it either. Don't worry about the chassis. It doesn't matter when the wheels are spinning uncontrollably. :lol:
buguy

Post by buguy »

Oh. I thought I read that somewhere.
And I love spinning tires! I'm looking forward to it!
I really need to get on it. My boss gives me crap about my car all the time. He just put together a 67' Chevy 2 with a pretty hot 355ci. I NEED to outrun him!
petew

Post by petew »

Steal his car keys. ;)
madmike

Post by madmike »

Your going to need a 1915cc Turbo to beat a Cheby :lol: :lol:
buguy

Post by buguy »

I need NOS!
petew

Post by petew »

"Need", that's an interesting word. I always hassle my kids when they say they "need" a new bit of electronics. :lol:

My father-in-law came over today. He had me weld up a gate frame for him. Never done that before, so it was a bit of fun. He also helped me put this old roof-rack together. He gave it me at Christmas time after they moved and he cleaned out his garage.

IMG20180130123928.jpg

I wasn't going to put it on, but we were putting it together and I thought, 'why not, all the cool kids have roof-racks'. Afterall, no one expects a roof-rack on a turbo bug. Like no one expects the Spanish Inquisition...

[BBvideo=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE[/BBvideo]

Anyhow, when I asked him where he got it he told me, "I bought it with cigarette coupons in 1965". :lol: Gold. Apparently it travelled all over Europe on top of a Morris Minor. Some funny stories there. When they emigrated to Australia, he left several thousand dollars worth of antique furniture in the UK, but brought this cheap roof-rack and a box full of brussel-sprout freezer bags (seriously). Apparently he didn't know the furniture would be worth anything over here. But I'm thankful. Now I can stack a hundred pounds of rusty junk on and got to a VW show. Hmm, probably not. About 40 years ago he even deliberately painted it hammertone to match my grey beetle. He laughed hard when I said that, but as usual, my mother-in-law didn't get the joke.

I also had these things turn up the post today. Man I love ebay. 8)

IMG20180130135010.jpg

So, I guess I better finish that bass guitar, get the car certified, weld in the new WB sensor and then... install these things. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buguy

Post by buguy »

That's a fun story!
You just gave me a great idea! How bout making your intercooler look like luggage or a coke cooler and stick it up on that rack or one of those rear racks for minty fresh air to it?!
petew

Post by petew »

I'd thought the same thing about aircleaners for offroad events or oil coolers. Dunno what the local authorities would think about hot pipes running up there though. They're pretty fussy over here.