SOLD - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: NEW plan - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

Post by Clonebug »

He doesn't have afr target on the graph at this time.

AFR target is only active during auto tune or if you have EGO activated. Then the ECU will try to follow the AFR target.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

panel wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 am How close should the AFR (white line) and the Target AFR (yellow line) be in the graph/log ?
I like to set my graphs up so that my min/max are scaled the same for similar data streams. All of my afr related settings have a max of 20 and a minimum of 9. My egt all have a 0 min, and 1800° max, head temp shows 0-500°. You get the idea. Makes it so the traces will overlay with each other in a qay thay makes sense.
panel

Post by panel »

Clonebug wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:04 am He doesn't have afr target on the graph at this time.
I was curious re this graph :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
petew

Post by petew »

Yeah, that's before AFR target was working properly.
petew

Post by petew »

Clonebug wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:49 pm Your injectors are completely maxed out or you are running way too rich for the load......
I have seen 103% with my 32# injectors and I wasn't near the boost I am now.
That was at a peak rpm of 5800 at the rev limiter.

If you are running injectors 24# or less you are too small and need to limit your boost or get your afr's in check before you go to much farther.

I am running vacuum/boost to my regulator....it is a stock German FI bug regulator.
CB, my inj are 208cc/min. I don't know how that works in # settings. They're also low Z from memory.

Can you suggest something that's likely to be cheap and local to upgrade them?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Yours are 19.8 lbs. per hr.

Good for about 39.6 hp each at 100% DC. So about 126 hp at 80% DC with all four.

Here is a calculator for ya.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/fuelinjectors.htm

If you have wrecking yards around, you could look for a mid 90's 940 turbo Volvo. They have 32# injectors which would get you to somewhere around 230 hp at 100% DC.
I know for a fact they are also low Z injectors because that is what I was running until this past winter.
I now have 45# injectors good for 360 hp at 100 DC.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
petew

Post by petew »

I just looked up the model #. It's Bosch # 0280150804. They want $280 a piece for new ones. OUCH! :(

I assume buying Chinese injectors is a very bad idea. Might have to ask a local guru... Hmm.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Wow!!!

I got mine with a Fuel pump, Filter, injectors, TB, Idle air valve and the regulator for $20.00 American!!!

You can't find used ones anywhere???
petew

Post by petew »

Ok, I'll have to keep my eye out. We did get 940 turbos over here but not many of them. I think I might try and chase up a JDM option. Cheap and plentiful over here.
66brm

Post by 66brm »

Pete, what manifolds and rails are you running, I may have a set never used apart from mock up from cbperf
petew

Post by petew »

I'm using CB EFI manifold ends and fuel rails.
66brm

Post by 66brm »

Cool will check what I've got
66brm

Post by 66brm »

26.65lb/hr low z set of four. Just need a new set of o rings?
petew

Post by petew »

Cheers, mate. I've found a solution actually. Jason Smith (MS downunder group on FB) talked me through it. Commodore blown V6 are pretty well double what I have and a straight fit.

...and I realized I have high Z injectors. I'm such a duffer sometimes. :)
petew

Post by petew »

A couple things have happened in the last few days. First up, I joined this club so that in a years time I can put the car on club rego and save myself nearly $1000 a year...

http://www.sydneyantiquemachineryclub.c ... rship.html

A good mate has a few hotrods registered with the club. Costs $50 a year for club rego. You can only drive it 60 days a year, but that's still once a week, so I should be fine.

This morning I went down to a "Men and Machines" show at Cobbity just south of Sydney. My car club was asked to come and put on a motorkhana demo, so got to have my first go at a motorkhana on the dirt. The paddock was pretty flat and safe and we only did a slalom up and back. We tried to make it looking more interesting with as much sideways action as possible. Lots of people were interested in car.

After us there were dirt bikes. It was pretty dusty when they came on so I went for a walk. This was the car I think I liked best. Simple, understated XR Falcon... werl except for the hoodscoop.

IMG20171014101212.jpg

When I got back to car the, the monster trucks and offroad buggies had been tearing around the paddock. I was park right next door to it. Apparently the buggies had kicked up so much dust, the whole crowd just walked away.

IMG20171014104210.jpg
IMG20171014104217.jpg

I knew there was a reason I hadn't washed the car. :lol:

I did feel slightly sorry for the owners of the 200 or so other cars and harleys all shined within and inch of their lives. Not. :twisted: I hate harleys and I hate washing cars.

Car drove well there and back. Lots of fun 50mph country roads and a few pickup drivers who thought they'd roar past me and were surprised when I matched them. The motorkhana demos were good too. I haven't raced this car in a dirt motorkhana yet and I got more goes in 15minutes than I usually would in a whole morning I reckon. It went pretty well, considering I did nothing to tyre pressures or the like, and we didn't have quite enough space. Like last time, I found being more aggressive seems to work well. The club photographer was there, hopefully I'll grab some of his pics. One weird thing though, the Wide Band dropped out on every run. I don't know why, coz it ran fine on the way there and home. Weirdness.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.