SOLD - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
petew

Re: NEW plan - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

Post by petew »

Shandy = beer + lemonade

I've never actually had one before, but my mum used to drink them on really hot days. It's the tang of beer with a little bit of sweetness. It also stops you dehydrating yourself fast. We'd been out til nearly 1pm at church and it was already above 100F when I got home.

BTW, it topped out at 47.3degC. That's 117F. They're saying it's a new record for Sydney, but that's rubbish. Stupid left-leaning media trying to prove global warming is happening faster. I remember a day in the mid 1990s when it was 50degC (122F) in Sydney. The train tracks warped between my station and the main line and we had to stand outside in that heat for 30min while the new train came to take us back from another direction. The new train didn't have aircon and it was cooler to leave the windows shut than have them open. Crazy, crazy stuff.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Yikes! After watching some "Young blood spear fishing" videos on YouTube I thought I wanted to move there. Maybe not!
petew

Post by petew »

This is a rarity. It will only be this hot once this summer. The rest of the time it hovers around 27degC (80F) on the coast. It's only really hot away from the coast. I'm about 45miles from the coast. It won't usually be hotter than about 35C (95F) most of summer. But it goes up and down. A heat wave for a few days, then a cool change and nice weather. Christmas day was 23C (73F) and lovely. But even when you get a really hot day, you can have an amazing night. Last night around 10pm I was out watering my lawns. It was about 75F and so nice with a slight breeze. You could have sat outside all night. Really lovely. :)
buguy

Post by buguy »

That's nice. Here in Florida when it's 100f during the day, it's usually 100f at night too. Not much of a break. I don't know how the bug is going to handle it. In fact I'm not sure that I can handle it in the bug either. I put one piece windows in it so I get very little airflow through the cabin. Maybe I should have put A/C in it instead of a turbo!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

buguy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:51 pm Maybe I should have put A/C in it instead of a turbo!
I thought they did the same thing, blow air in :shock: :lol: .
buguy

Post by buguy »

Haha! I guess they are supposed to. Now if I could just get those IAT's down I could pipe it into the cabin to keep it cool!
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

A shandy is basically strong lemonade mixed with beer, over ice.

It tastes ~infinitely better than it sounds.
Awesome on a smokin hot day.

It doesn't really taste alcoholic at all and will sneak up on you.
(Sometimes lime as base, my mum used to like Roses as the lime)

For a little backstory, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose%27s_lime_juice
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
petew

Post by petew »

PD is totally right. They taste amazing.

Well, with all the heat recently, my beetle has been on the driveway with a car cover over it (and a drip tray under it). It's just too hot and it's leaking oil again and ticking me off. I got one of these today in the post...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RS232-Bluet ... 2749.l2649

So this means I can tune and datalog without dragging a cable through the car. Hopefully it works ok. Just a few wires to sort out and a voltage adapter. It's 5v DC. I should really wire in the brake failure warning light and get it certified (like I am) once and for all.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Good for logging/dashboard, but I won't tune via BT anymore, although I really should try it with the new serial code.
(save msq before going BT)
I use my S8 as a dash with either Shadowdash or RealDash, with a cheap magnetic Qi charger holding the phone.
(charger base is stuck to the dash with double stick tape)

The former is far more flexible but strangely Realdash connects a lot more reliably.
Both work well with a usb-c adapter via a meatspace USB cable as well.

I ordered one of the serial<>wifi boards from dx.com, will play with it RSN.
BT seems limited to < 15 updates/second, even with class 1 BT on both ends.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I do all my tuning and logging with bluetooth. This is what I use....

https://www.efianalytics.com/products/c ... tooth.html

I haven't plugged a cable in since I got it. It has worked perfectly for at least a year if not 2 years now.
Mario plugs in by cable when he wants to hook up but otherwise it's bluetooth all the way baby!!!!1
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
petew

Post by petew »

Clonebug wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:10 pm I do all my tuning and logging with bluetooth. This is what I use....

https://www.efianalytics.com/products/c ... tooth.html

I haven't plugged a cable in since I got it. It has worked perfectly for at least a year if not 2 years now.
Mario plugs in by cable when he wants to hook up but otherwise it's bluetooth all the way baby!!!!1
I was keen for one of those, but it would be well above $100 by the time it lands here. $17 on ebay looks a lot better. :wink:

P.s. 15 updates per second is more than my brain can cope with anyway.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Damn you guys! I want some fun stuff to play with!
petew

Post by petew »

Well stop screwing around with carbs and come to the electronics side of the boost. ;)
buguy

Post by buguy »

As soon as I figure out all the sequential batch fuel edis COP ecu business I will be all over it.
petew

Post by petew »

Just back from a week of hols (spent the last day disagreeing with a prawn or two). Got a classic porsche mag to peruse while away. Came across this story on a really nice 912. Got more interested when it said it was injected. The story described the ECU as "bespoke" (ie. custom made). Um, yeahnah. Here's the motor...
IMG20180119215216.jpg
GM coil packs and MAP sensor, ITB block for the MAP sensor. It's a megasquirt. Porsche owners can be so silly. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.