Woodsbuggy1 2276 Turbo Build

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
woodsbuggy1

Woodsbuggy1 2276 Turbo Build

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I received a package in the mail today to help me on my journey toward more power :D .
I received a MS3X, EBC and Kennedy Stage II pressure plate, Thanks Adam.
I currently have:
AS 41 case, freshly machined and cut for 94's,full flow.
DeMello 69mm German counterweighted crank
Scat I beam rods
94mm Mahle p/c
DRD 049 Entry level turbo heads(BIG MISTAKE)
DRD 280 cam (112 lc) and lifters
Subie TD0413T Turbo
MS3X :D :D
My plan is to have good low to midrange torque with a 6k redline.
Still have lots of work to do before I start trial assembly.
Thanks
Kenric
Here are a few pics of parts;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by woodsbuggy1 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Good quality is getting harder and harder to find.
Vee Dub Nut

Re: Woodsbuggy1 1915 Turbo Build

Post by Vee Dub Nut »

Nice looking parts! LOL

This should be a great build... Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006

67 Beetle
74 Transporter (SOHC EJ25)

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Mmmmmm......

More Power!!!!! :wink: 8) :lol:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Very nice, I'm glad one of the crew was able to pick up Adams parts to put them to good use!
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Thanks a bunch Adam, your parts will be put to good use :twisted: .
The MS3X will be sent to Mario so he can work his Magic on it :D .
I had the day off work so was able to get some work done today.
I cleaned all of the oil passages with .22 caliber and .30 caliber bore brushes, and one larger brush too. I was able to chase all of the stud threads, tap oil pump passage for plug(full flow), soda blast case and deburr cam(went pretty quick with a fine file). I need to visit a friend so I can spot face oil piston seats(he has the tool) then I can start trial assembly.
I recently acquired a working dishwasher for $20 so I hope to see how well it works for cleaning the case, although right now it looks decent, but it cant be too clean.
Kenric
Vee Dub Nut

Post by Vee Dub Nut »

For sure! The ole microsquirt is gonna end up in the Bug with the GSXR throttles for now (unless I finally find the right bus, LOL). Should be a NA 2176, L5 heads, fk43, 40mm throttles. Should be a nice street motor. I'm just looking forward to driving the car again. It's been over two years!
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006

67 Beetle
74 Transporter (SOHC EJ25)

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
panel

Post by panel »

Vee Dub Nut wrote: It's been over two years!
I know what you mean VDM I know what you mean.....
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I hear you guys, my street rail has not been on the road in 3 years, so by building another engine, I can move the 1776 into my street buggy and have a lil more power in the offroad buggy.
I did get a little more done today, borrowed a digital scale from a friend and balanced my Mahle pistons, started out with 3 grams difference from lightest to heaviest, but they are now all within .1 gram. Was going to spot face oil piston seats but my buddies tool is MIA so I think that I will just use valve grinding compound on a oil piston and seat them.
I then moved on to blueprinting my Schadek 26mm oil pump; tapped it for full flow plug, did some minor grinding so oil inlet hole matches case, opened up oil inlet to allow better flow to pump gears then sanded pump with gears installed on 320 grit sandpaper on a piece of glass to eliminate clearance. After I finished all of the work on oil pump, I cleaned it with solvent and noticed that the inside of one gear has some damage. This was a new Schadek oil pump in sealed box when I received it. So I think when my new oil pump arrives I will inspect it prior to any modifications.
Lesson learned, just glad I found it now and at least a new oil pump is only $40.
Kenric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Bummer!!!

That sucks a big one....... :cry:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
turbobaja

Post by turbobaja »

Those small nicks don't look too bad on that pump gear. I'd lightly run a fin file over the face of that gear and knock down any burrs and if the 2 gears spin smooth in the pump body, I'd run it. Consider the blemishes "oil pockets" :) .
Karl

DON'T QUIT
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Thanks for the idea Karl, one quick trip around the gear with a fine file and I think that it will be fine. :D Now I just need to make a tool to resurface oil piston seats. I think that I will machine a dowel to fit inside an old oil piston and use some valve grinding compound(read in another post).
Kenric
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Time for an update:
I finally finished my trial assembly, have cylinders trimmed to size, cam backlash at 0, cam and crank endplay set. I just need to completely disassemble engine, remove and seal case savers(several turned while installing head studs), completely clean everything then start final assembly.
Was hoping to disassemble Sunday, but have to work since 9 to 15 inches of snow are expected between tonight and Monday morning :( .
Take care
Kenric
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

It will be interesting to see how that TD04L-13T performs on a bigger engine.
Since it originally came from a 2.0L engine and had excellent low and mid range torque I think it will be a great performer for you up to 17 lbs. or more.

You should be able to get full boost by 2700 rpm.

I have been driving my TD04L for a week and I think it is a great turbo even for me. I am really happy with it.
I just have to drive a little bit differently to keep it on the "pipe". :wink: :wink: :lol:
seabeebuggy

Post by seabeebuggy »

looking good.
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Well, due to some issues with case savers turning in the case, my case will be sent to Brothers VW in Cali, for a proper case saver install. :( Hopefully have it back in a couple of weeks. Better to do it right than do it over.
Kenric