Woodsbuggy1 2276 Turbo Build

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: Woodsbuggy1 2276 Turbo Build

Post by madmike »

middle of nowhere? We must be 'Neighbors' :lol: 8) ,, wrist pins all weigh the same my friend :wink:
.1 gram :shock: u could take that off the other 3 , but man that's so close I'd leave them alone
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I figure that it is good enough for who it is for. :) Trying to get my buddies chassis done(welding, grinding) before I start final assembly on my motor. Still trying to come up with an intake design that I like that works with a single TB.
Kenric
Good quality is getting harder and harder to find.
madmike

Post by madmike »

I'm having some of these made,just waiting on my welder to finish
aluminum with a bung,would this work for you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Mike, that looks nice but I will probably be mounting my TB above my shroud and have the plenum above the alternator tying into modified ICT endcastings with injector bungs installed. Will be ordering my new heads from DRD on Monday so will see what size the ports are and go from there.
Thanks
Kenric
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I ordered my DRD L5 turbo heads today :D :D . Darren said that they will have 66cc combustion chambers so that will give me 8.6 to 1 static compression ratio which should work well with 6lbs of boost and E85. I will be working on my header this week as time allows.
Kenric
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

woodsbuggy1 wrote:I ordered my DRD L5 turbo heads today :D :D . Darren said that they will have 66cc combustion chambers so that will give me 8.6 to 1 static compression ratio which should work well with 16lbs of boost and E85. I will be working on my header this week as time allows.
Kenric
Umm.......Fixed it for ya............ :wink: :wink: 8) :lol:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
madmike

Post by madmike »

:lol: 8) 8)
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Thanks Art, maybe when I get my EBC hooked up I can have a Clonebug switch :D when I feel like smoking a supercharged ecotec :D :D .
Kenric
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

The switch is nice to have but it should always be in the on position for best results....... :wink: :wink:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I was able to get some work done on my header, just need to weld it out and add flanges on the 1 & 3 pipes so it will be removable. My buddy Kelly has offered to TIG weld it for me so hopefully that will happen next weekend. Also need to remove the 2&4 flanges and replace them with 3/8" ones that I had made.
Kenric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I received my DRD L5 Turbo heads Tuesday and hope to get busy with final assembly soon. I will post pics soon and cant wait to get this motor built.
Kenric
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I found some time today to work on my engine. I finally have the case back together will get cylinders and case painted, then turn her into a longblock.
Kenric
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Bueller........................ Bueller?????

Don't tell me you are still working on the buddy's cars.............???

:shock: :o :D
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

My motor is finally together but still have to finish up a few things on the intake.
Last weekend helped a friend wire up his buggy and run brake lines. This weekend we built 2 dry sump tanks,(one of them is actually for me) and turned a boat trailer into a buggy trailer. Hope to get my intake finished up soon and hear her finally fire up :D .
Kenric
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Wow, I cant understand where the time has gone. I am finally back to working on my build. I changed plans on my intake and am trying to learn how to TIG weld, will post up some pics later this week. I cant wait to get my new build up and running. :wink:
Kenric