MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
buguy

Re: My latest ride

Post by buguy »

I'd be curious what it takes too. Mine sure felt like it was about to pull the wheels and it was a stock 1600! Maybe because it didn't have enough power to turn the tires over under power launches so it just went? Front end sure raised a lot! But thinking more about it now, I'm pretty lowered on the front of mine with no shocks, so maybe that's why the front comes up so easy??
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

This is funny, mine won't wheelie! 6500rpm launches with boost still won't lift the front off the ground. I think my stock rear shocks and low stance kill it. Still 60fts decently, but not great. Best is a 1.60.
madmike

Post by madmike »

no dyno :oops: but i've built a few 200hp n/a engines and it's has a few more pony's then that :lol:
no front shocks :shock: that will make it lift :lol: :lol: :lol: not to safe coming back to earth though :shock: :lol:
to make them go up you have to have the weight transfer (KillYourBack gas shocks don't help :roll: ) I use the C.E. 90/10 up front and just a stock oil filled rears :wink:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Guy's ,The Cruise went well , only threw one belt and I carrie two extra :lol: ( chrome Alt stand has to go :roll: ) I used a little over 3 gal. of 50/50 mix race & prem.only 12-14 lbs so no pinging :lol: I hope someone will get me a pic or two ( I'll ask around @carshow today)here's the one I took of this Hottie' :wink: girl in pic is kind of cute too :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Damn fine

(Not the car)
Better to be blown than to suck!
buguy

Post by buguy »

Sounds like a good day to me!
madmike

Post by madmike »

Thanks Guy's , yes it was a great Day ,,although Hot & Humid I have some video of the bug and my son's Rally car doing burn outs ,his was better then mine LOL,, my bug just likes to hookup I was pushing the front tires with the line lock on :lol: now I need to post the vid when I learn how,,lol,,Here's a few shots from the carshow, My son took a 1st in the tuner class(won $50 too they give $ away after the show ) and I took 2nd again in 'Pro Street' ,Thanks Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by madmike on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
madmike

Post by madmike »

didn't now a state Trooper sneaked up behind me :lol: don't look at my carpet glue job ,, I think it was so hot it melted the glue and it drupped :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

well it did leave some black stuff on the inner fender :roll: :lol:
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Mike, have you tried the spray on glue that they use for upholstery and other things? I have used it to re-attach dimensional vinyl designs to my motorhome as well as make cat scratching posts by gluing carpet to a 4 X 4 post on a stand. It's supposed to work gluing foam to seats for padding when upholstering them.

This is what I was advised to use and, it you follow directions,... it does work pretty well :wink: .

Lee

(the flamed '47/'48 Ford coupes next to you... I've had a couple of them :lol: )
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Lee , yea I tried Duro all purpose adhesive spray ,, :roll: I think they painted that ford with a mop :lol: the 50 merc on the other side of me had a awesome paint job with a gal's sexy eye's mural on the deck lid :wink:
buguy

Post by buguy »

The key to that spray glue is to spray it on both panels, give it a minute or two to kick. Then stick 'em together.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey I read the 'distucktions:' :lol: :lol: :lol: that what it said too :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

took it too the U.P. across the 'Big Mac' crazy weather for 70 miles of rain than nice sunny day average mileage was 21mpg 'no boosting' in the rain :cry: the night before ,I installed a OEM alternator stand and a new Scat sand seal pulley but the seal collar thingie won't stay put :twisted: :roll: I didn't lose any oil but it sprayed mist all over the apron and fenders :roll: got back home (only thing I worried about was the bald slicks going flat :lol: )
I j B welded the thing in the next morning ,testing today,, I met a Samba member & his wife 8) He may have a newer case for me in the future 8)
you can see Mackinaw island behind the bug :wink: seems a few of us car guys thought the big show was this wknd but it's next wknd :roll: so i entered the 'Antiques by the Bay show' so i didn't have to turn around and go back home in the rain so soon :lol:
buguy

Post by buguy »

Rain! Man it's been raining here like mad lately. I don't know what's going on. Pretty much everyday for a month. I guess it works out since I'm down for the time being. Cool pics brother!