MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: My latest ride

Post by madmike »

Hey Pete, yep burnout's coming soon :lol:
father's day 'cruise' and if I have a trans failure I scored this lil' Jewel yesterday
buddy had it on a 'test stand' :shock: so I dug up an old trans case and we are Happy :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Is that a bus trans?
petew

Post by petew »

Nope, single side plate. That's a late bug trans.
madmike

Post by madmike »

pete's spot on :wink: Case's are suppose to be stronger :D and they have the bigger 1st gear's + 3:88 ring & Pinions 8) 8)
It may not be all good it's locked up in every gear :roll: :lol:"surgery' postponed until my 'company' ( childhood friend)leaves :wink:
buguy

Post by buguy »

Any idea when the started using 3:88 gears? I found a late bug with a supposed running engine for $275 here. I was thinking of grabbing it for the engine, but if I could use the gears out of the trans in my swing axle that might be an added bonus. I have no clue if they are compatible though.
madmike

Post by madmike »

I think 73 :wink: look for code letters AT
my test drive was ok(no boost I was waiting for the oil to warm up :lol: ) only went up-town to fuel it up ,noticed a small oil leak :oops: just a fitting on the oil thermostat :roll: that won't seal :evil: (New oil system must be working great, oil never warmed up :lol:)
teflon tape only slowed it down,, put some loc-tite thread sealer on it last night so going to test after the rain leaves :wink:
buguy

Post by buguy »

That's not bad for being in hibernation.
madmike

Post by madmike »

:lol: darn oil leak seems my oil t-stat won't quit leaking :evil: I have to do something for this coming wknd's big Father's Day cruise & car show ,,
guy in tenn. has one ,, I bug him later this morning :lol: don't think hell give me a deal if I phone @ 6am :lol: going to find some fittings to eliminate the t-atat today just in-case,,, got to fix the a/f gauge too, I pulled it out of the dash and brought it in the house to hook up to my computer but how in the heck am I suppose to install 'firmware if it plugs in the monitor thingy and then i can see the screen?? (pic of the 4 pin cable) maybe Art has a clue???
good news :my newish to me M&H cheater slicks work ok ,,but I keep smelling burnt rubber :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Art,,,help :lol:
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

That is a serial port cable more than likely and does not plug into the monitor port. The difference is one is male and the other is female plug.
Most newer computers don't even have a serial port anymore so you would need a serial to USB adapter cable.
I have no experience with that kind of O2 sensor so really can't help on what it needs or how to hook it up.
I don't have time today to look into it due to a grad party I have to attend but maybe tonight I can look into it a little more.

The info should be on their website in the tech info.

You might be able to ask Mario since he sells quite a few Innovate AFR's with his FI packages. He might know more about them.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Art, this info on the adapter cable sounds like what I need din't know such an animal existed :oops: ,, thanks for the quick reply and have fun 'partying :lol: '
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Art don't waste your time.buddy. , I got it done ,, I'm such an goof,, all I had to do was calibrate it :oops: fixed the oil leak too ,, my t stat was bad ..Thanks Madmike
buguy

Post by buguy »

So go pop some wheelies!
madmike

Post by madmike »

Ha,, It did 'lift' yesterday :shock: all I have to do is press the loud pedal in 1st or 2nd or 3rd :wink: ( slick's are a must most street tires just spin :lol: ),wheelie's are hard on the drive train too , next weekend is the cruise with lots of burn outs maybe some wheelie's if it hooks coming out of the waterbox's :lol:
here's the culprit that caused the leak :evil: :roll: I went up to the local FLAPS and grabbed a cpl. straight fittings and finally eliminated it :wink: I tried everything to get it to stop :roll: one of my trinkets from the swap meet,, bet the guy new it was junk :roll: think i payed $15 for it can't remember :lol:
CobraJet

Post by CobraJet »

madmike wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:40 am Ha,, It did 'lift' yesterday :shock: all I have to do is press the loud pedal in 1st or 2nd or 3rd :wink: ( slick's are a must most street tires just spin :lol: ),wheelie's are hard on the drive train too , next weekend is the cruise with lots of burn outs maybe some wheelie's if it hooks coming out of the waterbox's :lol: .....
Sweet!

Have you had the chance to get it on a dyno yet? I'm curious on the power it takes to lift the wheels.