MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: My latest ride

Post by madmike »

I changed the oil yesterday only to find out it's my 1 1/2 qt.sump leaking :roll: :cry: ,, PITA to swap out too while on the car,, Oh well , gonna get cold up here anyhow, so Might As well get that sorted/fixed :lol:
buguy

Post by buguy »

I've read that's pretty common on the sumps.
petew

Post by petew »

"Hi, I'm Mike and my deep sump has a constant leak. I'm so ashamed..." Sumpaholics anonymous. :D

BTW, I'm a member too. :roll:
madmike

Post by madmike »

:lol: Sumpaholic's ,, It was an old sump I had ,had JB weld on it ,but it didn't leak until half the driving season was over :lol:
3 hr's later I've got it fitted with a new billet sump plate too 8) :lol:
Now the wife's Tundra Brakes are making noise :roll: always sumthing :lol: :lol: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Well even after I talked to a 'Tec guy' at Jeg's I still got the wrong O2 sensor for my MTX-L ,,they Drop shipped from Autometer ,seem us vw guys have an 8ft. extension cord/wires so that end is DIFFERENT :roll: as in larger plug in,, and for $93 It better plug right in :lol:
wife's truck all fixed (new Caliper) :( and it's 35*f this morning :cry:
buguy

Post by buguy »

It never gets to be the easy way!
madmike

Post by madmike »

No$hit :roll:
wife lost the muffler on the truck yesterday, she didn't stop on the trail/backroad :evil: so somebody got a stainless muffler :cry:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Fired up the Turbo bug yesterday for the 1st time this year :wink:
only had one oil leak on 'That ONE fitting I forgot the tighten :roll: :lol: :lol:
had to buy a new battery for the Bus so bug got it's battery back :lol:
Bus will be making a 500+ mile trip to the 'Vintage VW fest in Ypsilanti mi this coming wknd. 8) 8) 8)
madmike

Post by madmike »

Trip was fine, sold a few trinkets/ vintage parts :wink: and grabbed a steering stabilizer for the rail buggy and some front snubbers,
Plated & insured the turbo bug yesterday for the season ,car show this wknd 8) ,, test drive today 8) 8) 8)
buguy

Post by buguy »

It's not snowing anymore??!!
madmike

Post by madmike »

:lol: Well we do have only the two 'Season's' up here :roll: "shoveling & Swatting" :lol: :lol:
Now I need to find a kid with a Lap top :cry: seems the new o2 sensor and extension lead needs 'Firmware installed' :roll:
WTF Innovate? :roll: :roll: :roll:
buguy

Post by buguy »

Wierd
petew

Post by petew »

madmike wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:17 am test drive today 8) 8) 8)
= Burnout :lol:
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

One thing about the leaking deep sump is to make sure that venting is adequate. I have been using a deep sump for a long time and so far so good but I did take venting off each valve cover then piped into a filtered collector before being sent back into the engine. I go up and down steep dune faces as well as riding across those same faces of the dunes so I get a lot of slopping around of the oil in different direction of the oil within the sump.

Just a thought.

Lee
madmike

Post by madmike »

I had a cracked sump :lol:
I have a good crank vent system I think :D , AN -8 form both VC's to a custom 1 1/2 qt. box and drain back to the stock vent location
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.