MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Chip Birks

Re: My latest ride

Post by Chip Birks »

Like I said, i only have a light. Its just a bit smarter than my stock one. Not big on gauges either.
madmike

Post by madmike »

well it was the autometer gauge ,, picked up a cheap Bosch,,,,,so it was NOT an oil pressure issue 8) :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

I was still having an oil leak issue with this sand seal pulley coller & seal :roll: well I have the collar gorilla glued in which is fine now the skinnyass seal blew out :shock: :lol: ,,, JB welded it :wink: 24 hours ago ,,, now for some testing :lol: I have a race coming up on Labor Day Sunday 8)
66brm

Post by 66brm »

Might pay to check your breather set up if you are getting enough pressure to push the seal out, may be time to throw a leak down test on it too....
madmike

Post by madmike »

Breather system is good , I think it was just a loose fit on the seal ,then it spun ,,so looser yet,,,JB'd it now it's good no leaks so far,, :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

and everyone love's pic's :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
petew

Post by petew »

Bahaha 😂

You're such a craftsman.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Very funny :roll: I should of used the newer clear stuff instead of the Original "Gorilla snot' :lol: :lol: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

I've been doing some carb swapping ,I have the 680 Quick fuel on now and it seem to be working ok , just a slight hesitation when I stomp the loud pedal :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madmike

Post by madmike »

It's so 'Humid' up here I found this in my garage :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

went 'racin' won some lost some Great day only trew two or three belts :roll: ,, removed one shim then it stayed on :roll: :lol: cheapass old Flea-bay turbo is still going but only 15lbs. is all she'd do :? time to start saving for a good one :wink: my Son took pic's I'll see if I can get them off his phone :lol:
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Ets?
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

madmike wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:33 am It's so 'Humid' up here I found this in my garage :lol:
I hate to see a racing tire tell you it "croaked". :roll: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

no the slick's worked great :lol: :lol: 8.2 was my best pass 1/8th mile ,
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Hi Mike, I've had to do a few of those sand seal pullies lately ,I used some green lock and seal to glue it in. When they leak there's oil everywhere . The Empi sand seal pulley kit is better than the Scat one, the flange/seal is of a bigger outer diameter thus a tighter fit in the case.