MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: My latest ride

Post by madmike »

I slapped on the 40 Doce on the Rail yesterday and It idles way better ,, couldn't get the idle down on the 45 :roll: also seem only 1/2 of the wheel cylinder was working on the right rear (rear brakes only :shock: ) It slowed down but forget 'stopping' :shock: :lol: ,, going with a cpl. new 'Fronts' for the rear :wink: 19mm compared to 17mm :wink: should lock up these 295-50-15's meats,, I hope,, installed them,,
Hey It stops now 8) 8)
madmike

Post by madmike »

Went to go to the Thunder Bay Car Show in Alpena yesterday,,I haven't even started the bug since last wknd(rained on the way Home), so yesterday it decided to not start :roll: just a click,, I thought water got in the starter somehow?
pulled rear fender& apron (easier to get to)swapped starter with the auto starter off the test stand,,Not even a click,,
swapped Battery,, nope
Grrrr,, put IMI starter back in,, at least it was clicking :?
tried to jump with a screw driver @ the starter Very small spark ,, should of had a big spark????
I have a 50 amp breaker in the back seat area, eliminated that,, still nothing :shock: WTF?
I have a safety On/Off Master switch above rear fender ,Eliminated that Too :?
Well It ended up being the "Frankenstein ' charging jacks ,as soon as I eliminated that it fired right up ,, , will pull inter panel later to fix later :oops: ,,
I was kind of speeding to get to the Show,, 70+mph w/boost a few times to pass a few car & trucks ,, :wink:
32 miles and it took 2 gal. of fuel :lol: I was the ONLY Bug but their was a few 'Kit' MG replica's Great show Right On the Thunder Bay, 'Lake Huron ' one of our Great lakes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Man that's such good mileage for what your running!
Oh wait! I just realized this isnt the one with the 4bbl.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Yes it is the one with the 750 4 barrel :wink: I wish I could run without an air filter and not ruin the rings :roll: It gets better MPG then my Bus :lol: I don't drive the Buggy on the street ,,,yet :lol:
it ended up being the 50 amp breaker :roll: I had more time yesterday and all sorted now
buguy

Post by buguy »

That's crazy! I haven't driven mine enough to know what it gets for mileage on the 450 Holley I have. I've had 750's on my V8 cars and they are like funnels! I'm glad you got it sorted out. Electrical problems can be a pain to figure out.
madmike

Post by madmike »

" crazy is my middle name ,Thanks" ,more like a Toilet :lol: with the 50cc acc. pump shot it looks like a 'Great Dane' pissin down the throat ,I'm surprised it gets this mileage too.
I was a Radio Mechanic in the Army so I know a little about Ohm's Law :lol: on other new's
I'm picking this Kart up for my 3 year old grandson today 8) have no clue what make/model this is?
hoping it fit in the Bus :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Looks a lot like the old Margay kart I raced back in the early 90's. But they are all super similar.
madmike

Post by madmike »

That would be nice if it is a 'Margay'? I know I'm going to calm this down with a 3hp kawasaki motor it came with , has a Briggs flathead 5hp with a strange looking Head (more fins)?
I was 'Drifting and doing donuts' in the backyard and I weigh almost 180lbs :lol: 8) 8) 8)
buguy

Post by buguy »

Yeah that might be a bit much for a kid!
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Start em young!
Better to be blown than to suck!
madmike

Post by madmike »

Yepper, I started my son on a go-kart , he won the Snow drift Rally up here :lol: he told his wife he learned how to 'drift' and it DOES that with my big butt in it ,, No Turbo though :lol: I'm look at a small Kart for my Grandson his legs are about 2 foot short to reach the pedals on this one :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Good call on the Kart, It's a Margay,, big 'M' embroidered on the seat pad and Margay front hubs kind of gives it away :lol:
as for the Turbo bug,, gonna go Drag racing this coming wknd ,, going to start tuning for 'Race'fuel this week , I want to tune up the Boost,,,,, "stay tuned my Friend's' :lol:
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

madmike wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:32 am as for the Turbo bug,, gonna go Drag racing this coming wknd ,, going to start tuning for 'Race'fuel this week , I want to tune up the Boost,,,,, "stay tuned my Friend's' :lol:
Glad to hear it! I'm hoping to be on the track Friday night. Last one of the season here. Hoping to have it set on "kill" for the event. I hope your day goes well!
madmike

Post by madmike »

Goes well?? LOL,, Me too Chip, last time I raced 'last year' :roll: I over filled the sump and VC on the left side kept lifting :oops: then tried Race fuel this spring in the 1915 and it fell on it face :( , ran better on a 50/50 mix Premium & 110 Cam 2 race gas :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

well sucksess :lol: I dumped in 4gal($34.00) of Cam II race fuel , after I drained the premium and cleaned the fancy fuel filter :wink:
installed the Turbosmart boost valve 'Thingie' ,turned it 10 clicks ,, no ping @ 8lbs,,,
pulled over,,,cranked it another 10 clicks :twisted: so @20 clicks I'm at 15lbs ,
launched ,,yea I've got the slicks on,, no wheelie bars, thinking 'it aint gonna hookup on the street? , right,, well not in 1st gear anyhow :lol: it DID a little :D
and lifted in 2nd :shock: :shock: :shock: no ping either!! finally got some good fuel :lol: now if the weather man is right It's going to be a great wknd!, I'll try and remember the camera :roll: :lol: