MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: My latest ride

Post by madmike »

I would love to tow my bug with the bus, I did try :cry: but it bent the bumper mounts (had a Drawtite hitch too)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
petew

Post by petew »

C'mon Mike. You can fix that. It's not rocket science. You just need a stronger frame. Get out your gas torch and your welder. :)
madmike

Post by madmike »

I do have both, but I'm no 'welder' :lol: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

I did some jetting passes and now have 88 mains in the secondaries :shock:
seems to 'cruise' better too .it was lean with the 84's also, more testing if the rain holds off :roll:
guess this Demon 750 isn't too BIG for the 1915cc like I thought :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Fun stuff when the secondary's stick open :shock: :shock: with too lite of spring,,
wasn't even opening before :roll: and still hauledass :lol:
I have a medium spring in it now and still sticking a bit :( , tap the throttle and it returns to idle
It' don't like any air filter ether, but with mile long dirt road it does need one ,, savin up for a K&N X-tream 8)
madmike

Post by madmike »

Just got the new Piston rings for the 2276 ,(TotalSeal 2nd) now waiting on the Brand 'Spankin' New cylinders, I've never had new ones in this motor :oops: :lol: so 'testing wasn't scary at all,,, cracked a few side walls,, and one top ring lost it's tension, so out of pocket $$ wasn't too bad.
freshen up the heads with some new springs too, glad I had a Helper changing them yesterday, my arms are still sore, darn dual's :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

well I swapped carbs again :roll:
Still can't get the Demon to idle down it likes 2000 rpm :shock: probably just to big for the 1915cc :lol:
slapped on the 600 Holley for the upcoming Fathers day 'Cruise' :D
madmike

Post by madmike »

Finally got this Demon carb to Idle down ,, seems Privious owner had the WRONG Fricking gasket on the secondairy :roll:
grabbed the hole punching pliers and Viola,,add 3 holes ,,, It Idles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now to lean out the cruising rpm and I'm ready 8) 8) 8)
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Gonna put it back on the strip this year?
buguy

Post by buguy »

I had secondaries hanging up on the gasket in mine when I first built it. Took me forever to figure it out.
petew

Post by petew »

madmike wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:11 am Finally got this Demon carb to Idle down ,, seems Privious owner had the WRONG Fricking gasket on the secondairy :roll:
grabbed the hole punching pliers and Viola,,add 3 holes ,,, It Idles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now to lean out the cruising rpm and I'm ready 8) 8) 8)
Well done. When I get to the states some time, I'm gonna come visit and you can take me for a scare... I mean, spin. :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Chip, Yes it will be raced @the Strip again, but with the 2276 motor
this 1915 is for getting 'Groceries' and the Father's Day Cruise ' up here ( local cops let us do burnouts 8) )
Pete I give "Joy Rides' all the time,,,, :lol: :lol: just yesterday 12 lbs. on 93 pump fuel made a Buddy a 'Believer' :wink:
said he had no idea VW's were that fast :lol: :lol: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

I picked up 4 gal. of 110 Race fuel for the cruise tomorrow ,hope the 'Rain' holds off :roll: :lol:
did install the 2.5 power valve too in the 750 Demon , cruises better , if it rains I'll need to run a big airfilter and that will probable screw with my 'Tune' :lol: ,I'll try ad post pic's if I Can fine a Photographer :lol:
66brm

Post by 66brm »

Consider it cheap water injection
petew

Post by petew »

66brm wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:23 am Consider it cheap water injection
Bahaha! :lol: