TURBO DRAW THROUGH 74X92 (1968CC)

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
newbyone

Re: TURBO DRAW THROUGH 74X92 (1968CC)

Post by newbyone »

:oops: I agree on the tuning. Figured i could be "the spark plug reader guy", :roll: but i have just ordered a wide band . I also ordered a manual boost controller. I'm sure the wide band will open my eyes.
Third pulls solid no buck or jerk I have not heard the motor detonate at all.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

You won't hear detonation if you don't have a muffler on it.

What is your timing at when you hit 10-12 lbs. boost??

I can hear my engine rattle the second it detonates with the open SuperTrapp I have. You have to know what you are listening for.
A rattle is exactly what it sounds like and it usually happens at the high load lower rpm area. Mine happens around 3500 rpm and starts at 10 lbs. if my water isn't on.
I run 19 degrees timing at 22 lbs boost and as long as I have the water injection working there is no detonation.
Low intake temps help a lot and with a draw through you have the cooling effect of the fuel so that helps you a bit.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

like someone shaking a cable in the tunnel is what i felt it sounded like... once you hear it once and know what it is, you'll be very sensitive of it :)