New guy, new build

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
chriswillrise

Re: New guy, new build

Post by chriswillrise »

Piledriver wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:37 am Send me a pair of manifold ends and the bungs. I have some T1 heads and T3 manifolds for the aim somewhere around here, I'll make the jigs and do them for you, if only to see how long it really takes.

I have a nice Miller Synchro 250 for welding aluminum...
I'll even weld in some rail mount points if you know where they need to be/what rails you are going to run.

Would prefer them already bead blasted so I just have to bake and degrease them.
(baking drives the oil out, cast aluminum is usually porous)

Buy me an extra set of bungs for my use as payment, I'll stick them in some Weber manifolds I may use..

PM me for the address.
ill take you up on that, i have an extra set of end casting in my garage ill go sand blast them and order up some cb fuel rails so i can ship them out with the end castings and bungs
panel

Post by panel »

Thought you two might like to see what I did a long time ago when setting up my geometry for aiming the injectors. I cut up a donor head to check my angles. You could even put a push rod down the injector bung to line her up with where you want it to shoot. I used aluminum ICT manifolds with 90 degree schedule 40 pipe welded to the tops.

More pics from my CIS injection here: http://www.vvwc.ca/minstone/

'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Send injectors of the style you want too, I have only picos from a late GSXR etc or std EV1s from my vanagon.
(unless those will do)
I want to make sure it all fits/works right before I call it done.

I can duplicate the factory aim making jigs based on the T3 manifolds.

I may do more in the future if it makes sense timewise and the price I have to charge isn't stupid.
I suspect once the jigs work it won't take too long.
The bungs will be a light press fit, so should only need cut down on the inside and a quick lap around the outside (or maybe inside) where they meet with the TIG.
I have a funky watercooled WP24W compact torch I haven't even tried yet, takes weird consumables, looks like it might even work inside stock ports if needed. No back cap, everything goes in from the front.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Ok well i dont want to spend 200 bucks on injectors so I was going to do a junkyard run but i need to find injectors the right size. Im just using this calculator HERE and im coming up with around 45lbs/hr at 80% duty cycle with 240 crank hp.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

add 30% or so...
Old volvo turbos have nice ev1 injectors, green tops iirc, otoh a set of late gsxr tbs can provide a set of 230s and a set of 450s... good to 5 bar, specd at 42 psi. the gsxrs are picos, but will fit in the same hole.

plus the bike parts are usually low mile because idiots.
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
petew

Post by petew »

Piledriver wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 11:32 pm plus the bike parts are usually low mile because idiots.
I have a mate who calls motorbikes "donorcycles" or, "temporary Australians". :lol: :roll:
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Piledriver wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 11:32 pm add 30% or so...
Old volvo turbos have nice ev1 injectors, green tops iirc, otoh a set of late gsxr tbs can provide a set of 230s and a set of 450s... good to 5 bar, specd at 42 psi. the gsxrs are picos, but will fit in the same hole.

plus the bike parts are usually low mile because idiots.
it looks like older turbo volvos injectors are too small from what im reading. Around 29lbs/hr. Its hard to find injectors around 50lbr/hr on a stock car haha
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I ran a set of 32# injectors from a 1994 940 Turbo Volvo.

They are supposedly good for 230 hp. I had them maxed out on my 1679 and now run a set of 45# injectors.
I have seen 66% Duty cycle with them so far.

It's going to depend on what your hp needs will be.

I would buy a set big enough for whatever you would hope to get and then some.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Clonebug wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:30 pm I ran a set of 32# injectors from a 1994 940 Turbo Volvo.

They are supposedly good for 230 hp. I had them maxed out on my 1679 and now run a set of 45# injectors.

well im a 2110 draw through running 14lbs of boost with water meth. From other builds ive looked at and just compared my car too I should be low to mid 200's I would think. I do have a low end cam tapping out at around 6k
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

The gray GSXR 600 secondary injectors are 450 cc...
The brown primaries are 230cc. I suspect the 750s and possibly even the 1000s are same or close.
Hugely oversized by any conventional standards, technically even the 230cc primaries alone are way too big by themselves, even on the 160++ HP GSXR1000.
For some reason, a major OEM thinks them required, and has for ages.

I'll probably be running that injector setup on my 2.5, which is waiting on my ass to built it an automatic.
(the last of the parts for the 003 arrived today, carbon metallic relined bands and Raybestos "High Energy" frictions, hoping to have a productive 3 day weekend)
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

chriswillrise wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:38 pm
Clonebug wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:30 pm I ran a set of 32# injectors from a 1994 940 Turbo Volvo.

well im a 2110 draw through running 14lbs of boost with water meth. From other builds ive looked at and just compared my car too I should be low to mid 200's I would think. I do have a low end cam tapping out at around 6k
I would look for a set of 50# injectors if I were you.
That will give you a little head room.
50# injectors will support about 320 hp.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Well bungs arrived today, fuel rail will be here tuesday so i just need some injectors
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Well bungs arrived today, fuel rail will be here tuesday so i just need some injectors
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

ordered some 52lbs high impedance injectors that a guy makes locally hopefully they work right
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

Anyone have an opinion on lightweight or stock flywheels? I still get a little too much clutch slippage and a couple guys where telling me that a lightweight flywheel will actually flex under the higher pressure pressure plates. Before I pull my motor to swap I wanted to get you thoughts.