TURBO STREET RAIL

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: TURBO STREET RAIL

Post by madmike »

I just use type 181 axles trans flanges & Stubs same cv's as type II ,haven't hurt one yet and I run 7.5 " slicks at the drag strips
they simply bolt in easy swap :wink: as for the trans 3:88 late Z case trans and try to find a good super diff. that lite buggy will probably never hurt it :lol: why have you not use the intake 'heating option'? thing will cruise better when the intake is heater like for our 60* weather :lol:
jackthegripper

Post by jackthegripper »

petew:
2step is set at 3800rpm, making about 6-7psi

mike: Intake preheat isnt hooked up yet due to laziness, and so far i really havent been having any drivability issues or icing, mainly lots of condensation though. plus i have trouble bringing up the oil temp already without having the intake cooling it more.
im definitley interested in upgrading the drivetrain while keeping VW components. considering having KCR build a irs transmission and probably talk to them for what they recommend for stubs and cvs for something suited to the little buggy.
planning on going to the strip this weekend and gonna try to put the beans to that poor 4 speed, whats most likely to go first?
madmike

Post by madmike »

Yea, it take forever to warm up the oil on mine but when it does get hot, it don't take long to get even hotter :lol: thus the 4 cooler I run,,
your not running slicks so u should be fine ,, find good fuel(Q-16) and crank up the boost :wink: :lol:
Eye on the tree,pre-load the trans,,Leave the line on the 'last yellow' :wink:
madmike

Post by madmike »

well, how'd it go at the strip?
jackthegripper

Post by jackthegripper »

never made it out this year, lots of stuff came up this fall. we already have snow falling up here :cry:
but i do have some really awesome news, i got featured in a magazine! have a whole page on the buggy! really stoked on the interest people take in the buggy everywhere i go. the car community really is amazing! i'll have a full update shortly and a picture dump, thanks for always sticking around mike!
madmike

Post by madmike »

Yepper, we got snow too :( nothing sticking on the ground ,,,,yet
'Cover of the Rolling Stone' :lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome,, get 5 copies for Mom :lol: :lol:
I have to 'stick around ' nothing to do up here at 6 am.. :lol: :lol: :lol: except load the wood stoves :lol:
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

If you can't find thing parts, early 80's porsche 924/944 stub axles and CV,s are are a direct bolt in and still German quality.
Kenric
Good quality is getting harder and harder to find.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hard to find up here ,, everyone was scrapin a few yrs ago :roll: