Drawthrough holley 350cfm tuning problems

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
chriswillrise

Re: Drawthrough holley 350cfm tuning problems

Post by chriswillrise »

if you got the carb from AJ he modifies the power valve and it only works when boost comes on. Go one or 2 steps up on the accelerator pump size
buguy

Post by buguy »

I guess we should also ask if you have a vacuum line run to the power valve then?
chriswillrise

Post by chriswillrise »

buguy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:07 pm I guess we should also ask if you have a vacuum line run to the power valve then?
he should if it is modified by AJ. I have a 500cfm 2 barrel from AJ and i had to jump up 2 squirter sizes and I still have a bad stumble off the line until my motor is fully warmed up which takes forever
Buggsy

Post by Buggsy »

Hopefully, the carb is the highest part of your entire intake system. If anything is uphill, no matter what you do, the engine will have hesitation. The flutter your experiencing at high RPM is likely valve float. HD singles for a stock or mild cam. Duals for anything over an Engle 100. You might be able to get away with HD singles if you have stock size valves. Instead of running a centrifugal advance that is locked, you should be running vacuum advance with ported vacuum. This is not the same as manifold vacuum, so if you don't know the difference, do some research. Running a long duration cam is not helpful with a turbo, and will cause you all kinds of drivability problems. I also recommend a Pertronix or some other capable ignition system. Points are not up to the task. Fix all this stuff first, then mess with the carb. Or maybe your on top of all this already. I went through all this grief back in 2002-2004 and ended up having to do almost nothing to my carbs. They were never the problem at all. Best of luck to you.
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

Hey Buggsy, check your Private Messages. I sent you something.

Thanks!!!