Gettin back into it

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
buguy

Re: Gettin back into it

Post by buguy »

Well my carb is mechanical secondaries so it will never work right. It opens the secondaries even if the engine doesn't need it. So really it is going to have to be replaced with something. I had 2 of them new on the shelf for a dual carb set up I bought for a different project.
I don't have a problem building a longer exhaust either. What I have isn't ideal for Florida.... Too many pop up showers here and it would funnel water down into my engine/turbo.
I took a quick look at the PLX. They even have a wireless set up that will send it to a device if you didn't want to HAVE to run a gauge. That's cool. It wouldn't by chance be able to read boost too would it? That's the only other gauge I have in my car.

I dig the boost controller too! I'd like to make myself one of those!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

You asked..... :wink:

http://www.plxdevices.com/Vacuum-Boost- ... 002191.htm

A little pricey since you would have to get the Multigauge on top of it but if you combined it when buying an AFR controller/gauge combo it wouldn't be too bad.
Would be easier to just add a hole for the multigauge.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Wouldn't the software for your MS show the same info as that? I thought it gave you all engine readings?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

My MS logs the boost but I still have a standard Vac/boost gauge.

You were asking about a boost gauge for the PLX.

I use the PLX for my AFR and EGT plus it has an analog outputs that go to my ECU so I can log it in Tunerstudio.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Makes sense.
buguy

Post by buguy »

The website shows everything is on back order.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Interesting...I've never seen that happen before....
buguy

Post by buguy »

I sent them a message on their site and they returned saying it is back in stock and available. It does still say "backorder" on the site though.