Please help,best turbo for 1600-1776,quick spool max boost by 5500-6k

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
bug&kadettfan510

Re: Please help,best turbo for 1600-1776,quick spool max boost by 5500-6k

Post by bug&kadettfan510 »

I know it's not all original.. Im still very happy with it.. mostly poly bushings.adjustable front beam,pretty sure drop spindles.stainless brake lines.new master cylinder,new freeway flyer irs,new pan seal.new steering box,new tierods,new low back seats,new seat belts.new wheel bearings,optima battery and the battery tray is all good. . came with all the glass,headlights and taillights too,.. motor is a 1500 single port that's supposed to be a 1600 or alil bigger.. they removed the factory dash and seal it off from the from the front but it came with the original dash and most of the gauges, switches.. got it for alil more then the transmission would cost...I think it's gonna make a great street bug.. only built baja bugs till now.. any tip tricks or leads on a factory ragtop assembly would be very very much appreciated.. oh and it came with a bunch of parts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Nice ride!
Better to be blown than to suck!
petew

Post by petew »

Noice. I'm jealous of your transmission and brakes. Is it rust free?
madmike

Post by madmike »

I think your gonna have to jack the ass up :lol: , those CV's will be toast if ya boost it :shock: ,if they anit already :wink:
Nice find by the way 8)
bug&kadettfan510

The angle isn't as bad as it looks in the pic..there is very little bad rust..one spot on the window that definitly needs to be fixed (see pic) thanks guys.. Im very stoked.. what u think its worth?.. I payed 2700.. think that was to much.. I just couldn't let it go.. be honest please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bug&kadettfan510

Hey hows everyone been??? I've just been trying to stay busy.. well I got some time to go through the 58/70 bug and found a few issues that seller (supposed family friend)neglected mention.. long story short after alot of back and forth.. I ended u paying 1800 and he is gonna try and get his hand on the upper part of the rear seat and snowflake lenses... now on to turbo news.. I got the td04 all hooked up on a 1641 I was gonna get in trade(((trade was a 90 civic hatch salvage title that needs a new front passenger fender and hood for the 1641 turnkey with a fresh tune up and valve adjustment and a ea81 subaru swap for a vw))).so i got all together and took it for a test drive to in&out.. ran pretty good for not being dialed in.. pushed it to a whole 4psi on the boost gauge..lol.. well I got my grub checked for leaks and headed back home.. all of a sudden I hear an feel this crazy vibration.(running a mix of poly solid and strap engine mounts)like the tins on 1/2 side came loose and are just slapping around..I get the ugly bug pulled over and pop the valve cover and low and behold the valve train came loose and pushrods are all bound up adjustment nuts on the ground.. one even can all the way loose on the 3/4 side. my buddy has pics.. it was baffled.. I had driven right around 5 miles and all this managed to come apart on a "engine with a fresh tune up and valve adjustment".. I mean I know it's nothing new for valves on a vw to loosen up.. but damn.. almost one whole side came apart and even the nut for the intake valve on the 3rd was off sitting in the head.. told him what happend and invited him over to take a look.. so he gets here takes a look then after I sigh of relief says"I thought it was gonna be the head nuts" then says if I get it running and put all the original parts back on then we can trade back... so finished and test ran it lastnight.. trading back today. I got lucky he is reasonable... i also have everything to finish the 1600 I put forged pistons in.. and I stuff to build a 2276cc.. be back later with a parts list and pics... have a cool day everyone
petew

Post by petew »

Yeah, that wasn't done up properly to be doing that. Did you bend any pushrods?
bug&kadettfan510

petew wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:35 pm Yeah, that wasn't done up properly to be doing that. Did you bend any pushrods?
Honestly I was alil pissed off so I didn't give them the best inspection..maybe alil but mostly gouges and dings.. I didn't put that nut there.. only pic I can find.. other side was the bad one..
petew

Post by petew »

Yeah, that's pretty bad. In all the years I've driven aircooled motors, I've never had the issue you've got here. He didn't do them up properly after gapping them. Poor workmanship, plain and simple. :(
bug&kadettfan510

petew wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:59 pm Yeah, that's pretty bad. In all the years I've driven aircooled motors, I've never had the issue you've got here. He didn't do them up properly after gapping them. Poor workmanship, plain and simple. :(
I agree 100%.. and in less then 5 miles