phenolic dual port spacers

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
sidemarkers

Re: phenolic dual port spacers

Post by sidemarkers »

Got the 1/4 inch dual port spacers in the mail. Quite pleased with the quality. With the spacers in place they cause my CB high-flow end casting to sit too high to allow sparkplug removal with them in place. The end castings are getting .200 milled off the bottom.
petew

Post by petew »

I have to say, living in a place where summer temps regularly go above 100degF, I can see the attraction. I tend to think though, unless you've got good sensors in the right places, you just won't notice the difference in any real sense. I wouldn't bother with this sort of thing unless I was getting vapor look. And let's face it, with EFI vapor lock is almost unheard of. ;)
sidemarkers

Post by sidemarkers »

I can definitely see your point of view, and I appreciate your honest assessment. This last month has been a roller coaster with pinpointing a misfire when the car reached full midday Arizona summer operating temperatures. Things got real interesting when the diaphragm in the bosch fuel regulator decided to full-on fail and promptly fill my engine with fuel, via the boost reference hose, to the point of raw gas pouring out the exhaust pipe.

I'm thinking that the during shutdown fuel boiling in the regulator probably doesn't help in the longevity department. This might just be overkill, but the cost of the spacers is about equal to the cost of the oil change I performed to drain the gallon, or so, of gas out of my crankcase.
TheGansMann

Post by TheGansMann »

Hey guys, I just ran across this thread and decided to make an account here on the forum.

The website has only been up since about May 2017 but I have been selling these over on TheSamba since around mid-2014.

If it isn't on the website just ask. I can make custom profiles for just about any carburetor or manifold.

Also, the parts you find on the website have passed our own stringent product testing. We're attempting to weed out the junk and only offer products we know work. It's a slow and daunting process but I think it's well worth the time investment. (-:

If there are any questions about the phenolic insulators I'd be happy to help just send me a PM here or Contact me directly on the website:https://www.thegansmann.com/pages/contact-us

regards,

Goose