raw gas out exhaust pipe??

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
sidemarkers

raw gas out exhaust pipe??

Post by sidemarkers »

What could possibly cause a turbo efi VW to stall and proceed to drip raw gas out the tailpipe...to the point of borderline hydro locking?
Clonebug

Re: raw gas out exhaust pipe??

Post by Clonebug »

I have no idea what EFI you are using since there is no info in this thread. More than likely something is keeping your injectors open to allow that much fuel to get into the engine.
It almost seems that they are getting a full 12 volts and holding open.
Pull the fuel pump fuse and check to see if the injectors somehow are on without and rpm signal. you should be able to cycle the key and hear them click open or put your hand on them while cycling the key.

That is where I would start.

If you rewired something you might want to see if you have feed back or something causing it.

The injectors themselves are usually bulletproof and won't leak on their own.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
sidemarkers

Re: raw gas out exhaust pipe??

Post by sidemarkers »

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I also checked to see if perhaps I had an injector wire that grounded itself, there was no signs of grounding. My throttle body sits about 7 inches higher than the end castings and I saw raw gas when I pulled off the ribbed hose to the throttle body. My TPS also changed number value on my SDS gauge mode.

I'm thinking that the fuel regulator diaphragm took a dump and was dumping raw fuel into my intake through the boost reference hose. The hose nipple location is quite close to the TPS sensor. This regulator issue likely has something to do with a recent misfire issue where my car would break up under boost, backfire out the exhaust and go rich.