Thick wall B+P's, your experiences please?

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
vwjim

Thick wall B+P's, your experiences please?

Post by vwjim »

Hi,

I've a few T1 engine cases + heads cut for 94mm B+P's, but I'm considering using the thick wall B+P's to build an 1835cc split bus motor.

Main reason for the reduction from 1914cc to 1835cc is so I can build the engine with Mexi EFI hardware, with the possibility to supercharge it at a later date.

What's the generally thoughts on the quality of the thick wall B+P's as I've never used them before? And secondly, are they okay for a low pressure supercharged engine if I go that route?

Thanks.
Jim
Clonebug

Re: Thick wall B+P's, your experiences please?

Post by Clonebug »

I have been running AA TW 88mm barrels and pistons for 3-4 yrs now. I have probably 25.000 miles on them boosting 17-23 lbs.

The one thing that will get them is detonation....keep that under control and they hold up well even with non forged pistons.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
vwjim

Re: Thick wall B+P's, your experiences please?

Post by vwjim »

Excellent. Thanks.

Mine would be a very mild boost level, so much less stress than yours. So good to know the AA's have held up with that mileage you've done.